GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another VWR Spring Post

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I know this has been beaten to death but everywhere I look I see different answers. What's the actual drop with the VWR springs ? ECS says 1.2-1.4" which is basically like the h&r super sports. On other websites and forum posts it says 20-25mm which is barely an inch. What are you guys getting out of them? I am looking to buy them within the next day or two, so any info would be greatly appreciated!

daryl8007

Passed Driver's Ed
Didn't measure but it's a nice drop

R

daryl8007

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't go any lower at the front because of my drive. I live surrounded by speed bumps and it's fine if driven sensibly even with 4 passengers and kid stuff in the boot.

Yomny1

Ready to race!
Not really certain of this but from what I've read these springs give you one of the mildest drops out of most springs out there. I say this because in order to stay within damper effective operating specs and not sacrifice them, the drop cant be much. I'd say closer to the 1.2" if at that.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Didn't measure but it's a nice drop

R

It looks stunning but are you on 19's?

I can't go any lower at the front because of my drive. I live surrounded by speed bumps and it's fine if driven sensibly even with 4 passengers and kid stuff in the boot.
Im assuming you're not running spacers ?

Not really certain of this but from what I've read these springs give you one of the mildest drops out of most springs out there. I say this because in order to stay within damper effective operating specs and not sacrifice them, the drop cant be much. I'd say closer to the 1.2" if at that.
Yeah I don't care for an extreme drop I just want something to minimize that wheel gap. On my mk6 I had super sports and it did a pretty good job at that.

one finger wheel gap.
I was looking at your build and you are running the exact setup that I plan on running. Do you get any rubbing with the spacers? I like to drive aggressively sometimes and will carry a full car at times. I also don't want to run to much camber in the rear to prevent rubbing.

Yomny1

Ready to race!
I'm on the same boat, just want to cut the fender gap and the VWR also don't leave that reverse rake look which I don't like, so I've read. They work well with the oem shocks so that adds peace of mind.

RifiWP

I am a bit concerned. I have VWR in my R and I can't get my finger in the front. I have a suspicion that the dealer installed the GTi coils instead of R coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmp4golfvw

Ready to race!
Think I read they drop 30 mm which is 1.18" and I'd say that's about right on...once they settled. I have a Golf so I started a little higher I believe, so I can get about a finger and a half in lol [emoji6]

• 2015 VW Golf SEL1.8L TSI w/ LP •

Last edited:

Yomny1

Ready to race!
16plus4v that looks good, lower than I expected the car to look with the vwr's. How's the front to back profile look, wheels sunken much?

Yomny1

Ready to race!

Before the springs settled. Also used spacers 15mm front and 20mm rear

Would it be possible to get a front to back or vice versa shots to see the flushness of the rear 20mm spacers, trying to decide if to use smaller ones. How's the ride, any spring binding noises?

Looks great.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
I'm actually getting everything installed Sunday afternoon. I'm going 12mm front and 15mm rear. I will post detailed pics for you guys :)