GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Another Vote for Koni

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
I finally have my suspension comfortable after 40,000 miles on lowering springs and a recent nightmare install with the shocks. Eibach Sportlines and Koni Yellows. The car is so comfortable, so smooth, and sits just right. For reference, the Sportlines are supposed to drop 1.7" but mine is just about 2" and it's perfect for our Florida roads.

On the topic of the nightmare install, I did the rears myself but wasn't quite confident in myself to do the fronts alone so I ran it through the shop to have the fronts taken care of. Shouldn't have been an issue as I bought all new OEM hardware (over $100 at employee cost) and was expecting a perfect ride when it was done. Well, when you forget to tighten the axel bolt things can south, very quickly. Long story short I had the a wheel bearing replaced because that was shot, then the car was making all kinds of noises up front for a few weeks. I won't go into any more detail but after a lot of back and forth the car is exact how I was expecting.

Ultimately I went with Konis because I loved the ride height and just wanted some adjustability with the dampening. 100% satisfied. The fronts are currently at about 10% from full soft and the rears are about 25% from full soft. I will be softening up the rears when I have to take them out. This is a full daily driver and my daughter is in the back more often than not so I wanted something super comfy.
IMG_7942.JPG
IMG_7164.jpg
IMG_5010.JPG
IMG_4969.JPG
IMG_7618.JPG
IMG_7225.jpg
IMG_7958.PNG
IMG_7956.PNG