GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANOTHER aftermarket catback thread (Sorry [emoji849])

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Hi guys, firstly I'm sorry. I realise there's a million and one threads on aftermarket exhausts and I have looked through a few and mainly the 'Exhaustive Exhaust clip thread' which was pretty helpful!

Basically I'm thinking about a new exhaust just to add a little more growl and a better sound when under WOT. The issue is I drive 50 miles a day to drive work which is mostly motorway so I'm at 70mph a lot of the time so no drone is the most important factor.
I know everyone says it but I'm just after a better noise under WOT.

I think I've decided to go catback because I haven't got any plans for tuning at the moment and from what I read changing the down pipe can cause CEL and need tuning or 02 spacers to sort this.
I'm from the UK and the main options I have at the moment are either:
Scorpion catback:
https://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/v...i-2013-2015-resonated-cat-back-system-daytona

Cobra catback:
http://cobrasport.com/index.php/non-resonated-cat-back-sports-exhaust.html

AWE which I know a lot of people on here have:
https://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-mk7gti-exhaust

Or Miltek.

Miltek is looking like most expensive but I've heard the most about them however videos seem to suggest it's quite tame most of the time. Im unsure whether to go Resonated or non Resonated as I want a nice deep sound when giving it some but almost stock when cruising at motorway speeds.

Can anyone give me personal recommendations on any of these exhausts and also do people generally get the soundaktor turned down after fitting an exhaust or does this still sound ok with an exhaust on? (I don't mind it, please don't shoot me)

Thanks in advance guys!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
ClubSport S muffler.

Done!

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
ClubSport S muffler.

Done!
Does that make a large difference to the sound?
I found a thread on it before but I gave up on it as it was around 80 pages long and a lot of it was people asking if others had received there's yet.

I wonder if there's still many out there to buy?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
No highway drone. Sound is very controllable. DSG shifts are much more pronounced. It’s more than enough sound difference for me.

Cheaper than the catbacks and an OEM part. Initial rush of orders created some stock shortage panic but that’s long gone. Doesn’t seem like cars245.com or e-acca.com have trouble sourcing now.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
No highway drone. Sound is very controllable. DSG shifts are much more pronounced. It’s more than enough sound difference for me.

Cheaper than the catbacks and an OEM part. Initial rush of orders created some stock shortage panic but that’s long gone. Doesn’t seem like cars245.com or e-acca.com have trouble sourcing now.
Sounds good. Might go for this instead of a catback. I guess I can always go to a catback if Im not satisfied! So is the old muffler just cut off and this put on in it's place?

I have a manual which I love still but since looking at exhausts, I wish I'd gave DSG more of a chance!

TastyPancakes

Ready to race!
To me the AWE Track catback was perfect when it comes to accommodating the conditions that you are describing. I have since paired it with the AWE downpipe but had just the catback for about 7 months. There was no drone at any speed, just subtle throaty-ness at part throttle and a beautiful wail at WOT. I went with the DP because of plans in the future as well as being able to deal with the excess noise due to the fact that I drive a company vehicle during the week. I would have left it just the way it was if I had to drive the car on a daily basis because it was perfectly livable and well behaved when you wanted it to be, but capable of putting a huge smile on your face whenever you fancied putting your foot down.

Cheers

daays

Cobb! Got my Cobb CBE installed last weekend and it's an absolute dream. I'll try to get a soundclip soon but it's perfect, IMO. Great tone when you step on it and sounds perfectly reserved at idle with a little bass/tone.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Sounds good. Might go for this instead of a catback. I guess I can always go to a catback if Im not satisfied! So is the old muffler just cut off and this put on in it's place?

I have a manual which I love still but since looking at exhausts, I wish I'd gave DSG more of a chance!

Yes, cut off old muffler and clamp new CSS muffler on. So only other part needed is the clamp.

LJT94

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI PP
Yes, cut off old muffler and clamp new CSS muffler on. So only other part needed is the clamp.
And the sound is a lot better just from changing out a muffler?

nype

Drag Racing Champion