GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

America's Most Dangerous Drivers By Profession

bwoodahl

Ready to race!
CNBC has an interesting post/article on "America's Most Dangerous Drivers By Profession". Apparently, Insurance.com produced an analysis of the jobs that have the highest percentage of individuals who claim an accident when searching for auto insurance. Here's the rankings (from worse to worser):

10) Nurses
9) Coaches
8) Barbers / Hair Stylists
7) Marketing Professionals
6) Pet Groomers
5) Business Professionals
4) Bartenders / Waiters
3) Government (GS6) Workers
2) Financial Professionals
1) Lawyers / Judges (the worst)

(P.S. I doubt any of these types of people would be the kind to own a MkV GTI.)

I Am The Stig

Hey Now!
Car(s)
'09 Black Magic GTI
The top 2 kind of make sense. I fall in #5 and I know I prob spend more time on the phone in the car than the average person (bluetooth speaker phone of course). I would imagine lawyers and finance guys fall into that as well. Bartenders and waitresses kinda make sense...mostly younger maybe just not the best drivers. Nurses work long shifts and are prob tired and less focused while driving. And the rest...well you got me there! The pet groomers especially. I'm surprised there are enough that state that as an occupation to even make the list.

huy

Retired Racer
i think the connection would be stress and being tired from work. not sure how pet groomers fall into that category, though. lol. but maybe i don't understand how hard it is to be a pet groomer. i've done like 4 of the above though.

Frenchie311

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Interesting... I fall under 7, but I'm trying to get into 3. I still live in Atlanta, though, which means every other driver on the road wants me dead. Especially those pet groomers!

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
Go get yourself a samoyed or siberian husky and maintain him/her for a few months during shedding season and call me. :wink:

i think the connection would be stress and being tired from work. not sure how pet groomers fall into that category, though. lol. but maybe i don't understand how hard it is to be a pet groomer. i've done like 4 of the above though.

Silentpirate

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 GTI
im practicing to be a accountant...which falls under #2 dun dun dun....knock on wood nothing has happened yet.

Although i have a mechanic for a father who has been working on cars for 40 years so that gives me bonus point i assume

Manheim81c

Go Kart Champion
Go get yourself a samoyed or siberian husky and maintain him/her for a few months during shedding season and call me. :wink:

LOLOLOLOL

German Shepherds here....so I understand..........:bellyroll:

Aggressor

UGly
How are 7 and 2 not part of 5?

FWIW, I'm both 5 and 7, and looking at becoming 1 in a few years. Watch your back out there....

fuzion1029

Ready to race!
Good thing I'm an engineer and my wife is a teacher. I've never had an accident or moving violation. The wife got her first speeding ticket last year and only had accidents >4 years ago.

:knockonwood: