GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AMA: haleyann

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ask about the typical career path at that company, what they like about their job, the culture, any concerns you might have, etc. Basically, things that would concern you if you were to get this job.

very good stuff here^

How has the position evolved since it has been created?

How many hours will I be working per pay period?

How will I be evaluated for raises and bonuses?

I like the first one a lot, not so much the other two...

I'd ask how many hours a week is the position.. 37.5, 40, etc.

I'd ask how is my performance measured/evaluated - not for/about raises and bonuses, imho.

Feel free to ask anything. You can ask about benefits, pay, vacation...really anything you want. Its always good to ask about the career path or where the company sees itself going. Just make sure you ask a question or two.

I would skip pay, but everything else is good, esp the career path and company goals, etc.

hour an a half... only slightly panicking.

best of luck. I totally missed this, but go go go! :thumbup::happyanim::clap:

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
very good stuff here^

I like the first one a lot, not so much the other two...

I'd ask how many hours a week is the position.. 37.5, 40, etc.

I'd ask how is my performance measured/evaluated - not for/about raises and bonuses, imho.

I would skip pay, but everything else is good, esp the career path and company goals, etc.

best of luck. I totally missed this, but go go go! :thumbup::happyanim::clap:

Thank you, all this is really helpful. Who knew my AMA would be beneficial for me haha.

Spyder368

Ready to race!
I always ask the interviewer about how they like working for the company they work for. It catches them off guard but it is usually informative to hear a current employees thoughts of the company to see if it is a good fit for you.

I know probably too late to see this but for future reference!

Good Luck!

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
About half an hour after the interview I got a call from human resources asking for references and a background check. I feel like this is good.

Spyder368

Ready to race!
About half an hour after the interview I got a call from human resources asking for references and a background check. I feel like this is good.

I would say that is a very good sign! Lets just hope the background check doesn't encompass this thread haha.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

congrats :thumbsup:

gti_kev

Go Kart Champion

Typically it is. a company won't waste money on background checks, drug tests, etc. If they don't want to hire.

Good Luck!!! :thumbsup:

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Hahaha very true, I hope they don't connect me to this site. Maybe an avatar change and name change are in order.... lol

If you haven't already make sure your Facebook is very private or under a code name just in case they try and check. If you have nothing bad on there then don't worry. When I went for my big interview I went through my Facebook and made sure to delete any stupid pics/posts.

haleyann

Go Kart Champion
If you haven't already make sure your Facebook is very private or under a code name just in case they try and check. If you have nothing bad on there then don't worry. When I went for my big interview I went through my Facebook and made sure to delete any stupid pics/posts.

I will definitely do that. I had to use my Facebook for my old job so it should be safe.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
What's the biggest regret you have in your life?

Edit: 4 more posts to 3,000. Hayley will you take my 3,000 post cherry?