GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alignment for STU Golf R?

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
IR guns aren't great either, because that tire surface temp is going to change very quickly depending on the last feature, how far you drove from course back to grid, paved track temp, etc.

My take is that until you're perennially chasing the last few tenths away from the fast guys, stopping overthinking the car and drive. If the car feels good, you aren't losing a lot of time with car setup. People get too caught up in setup, or super fancy dampers, or (whatever).
I'm not changing anything with tire temp data, just collecting and observing. And I am a few tenths away from fast guys. I don't disagree with your analysis of some people getting caught up in messing with settings. Those people don't know what settings to chose because they don't know what they are really doing.

I don't think what I posted constituted getting caught up.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
+1 on toe-out, even just a tad. Helps turn-in and pre-loads the steering. Doesn't have to be much at all.

Zmoore54

Car(s)
2017 Golf R
The ground control camber plates are the best. They keep the most travel, use a nice big bearing, and they'll match with any spring combination.

That said, between lowering, either of the fixed 1.4 degree plates (SuperPro or 034), and offset bushings, you can get up around -3 degrees, which is likely as high as you would want for a dual purpose car.
I ended up going with the vorshlag camber plates. I support the owner of vorshlag and like the products he puts out, hoping they work well. NVH doesn't bother me unless it's really really bad.. the mk7 is a damn cloud compared to the other vehicles I drive. I also work at a dealership so doing alignments all the time doesn't bother me. Half hour and i'm in and out. just need to figure out springs. don't really want to spend all the money for DCC compliant coil overs, so I'm planning on adding some lowering springs(preferably adjustable height) when i have the front struts apart for camber plates. any suggestions? looked at ground control, kw HAS kit, the adjustable H&R kit, and the ground control. I've heard questionable things about the ground control kit because of the spring lengths being too short?