GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Turbo Options

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
So would the CTS really be a bad option? And why are the CTS and Vortex poop? That Garrett looks promising too.

I am currently stage 2 EQT with downpipe/intercooler/exhaust/intake but want to upgrade the is20 hopefully next year, so looking into the different options. This is my daily, and want to get into the low 400s to the wheel at least on pump gas.
GT2260S and IE's tune would most likely fit the bill for you, especially if you have E around you. If not, it'll be a good bump in power that'll let you retain your aftermarket downpipe.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
So would the CTS really be a bad option? And why are the CTS and Vortex poop? That Garrett looks promising too.
Drew is the 1% of this platform that has highly specific needs and standards. Vortex is a solid option for us normal folks. CTS probably is too, but it's new and there's not much long term data.
For hybrid turbos, you have TTE, which are on the pricey side, Littco, Tomioka, Mabotech, and some others that I can't think of right now. Vortex turbos are cheaply made which is why their price tag is cheap and that's why so many people get them but, I have always said that you get what you pay for and I'm going to leave it at that.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
been researching Littco turbos for a minute.....super pricey. Mamba actually has some great prices, you just need to come with your own wastegate and tuning

scrllock

Autocross Champion
For hybrid turbos, you have TTE, which are on the pricey side, Littco, Tomioka, Mabotech, and some others that I can't think of right now. Vortex turbos are cheaply made which is why their price tag is cheap and that's why so many people get them but, I have always said that you get what you pay for and I'm going to leave it at that.
TTE is just another mediocre hybrid brand like the others, they just sell from a site in Germany and make you think their higher markup makes them premium-er.

I am currently stage 2 EQT with downpipe/intercooler/exhaust/intake but want to upgrade the is20 hopefully next year, so looking into the different options. This is my daily, and want to get into the low 400s to the wheel at least on pump gas.
Personally I would consider the CTS JB600, I had good luck with the vortex but EQT sucks in terms of customer service and ethics. I also liked the GT2260s, but it was a pain finding someone who could tune it properly (they have very little resolution on the wastegate control).

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
you just need to come with your own wastegate
Don't all of them come without the actuator?

On a side note, I thought that for the Vortex you needed to buy the tune separately. but on their website it says one tune included.

1698343628991.png

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

I have the Tomioka IHX475 making 412hp/407 (dyno in sig) on 92 octane. Tuned with Eurodyne via GLS Performance aka @railroader on this site. Tomioka currently has a Fall sale :ROFLMAO:

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Idk if this will help anyone, but I really love my 2260 with hpfp. Good power on both upper and lower end and quick spooling. Sounds amazing as well. Also Garret name to back it. Warranty is good as well.
Have you had your car on a dyno? What tune are you running? What mods?

loudspl

Car(s)
GLI, GTI, TDI
TTE has been great for me.
Started with the 525 back in the day, circa 2016.
Now I'm on the 555. Still reliable as ever.
But I think I need a lot more.
At night in TX, the monsters come out to play.
A next gen PTE 6266 or G35-900 might be in my future :)

Last edited: