GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket tire size?

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
I am about to buy some aftermarket vossen cv3 rims. 19inch × 8.5 et45. I want to make sure I get the best sized tire. I have read a few posts that 235/35/19 would be the best fir. My gti is on stock suspension. I shouldnt run into any trouble right? I am assuming these wheels will sit much more flush then stalk or should I also be looking to get spacers? Many thanks.

Also. Any future problems if I lower to vwr springs?

Pyramid Head

Ready to race!
Ok, great choice on the wheels. 19' wheels fit just fine even with VWR springs! Not sure if you absolutely have to run a 35 tire, although I have not seen anybody running a 40 with 19s. I would presume that with stock suspension you would be just fine with a 40, and that would help with ride quality, as well as protecting those gorgeous wheels! As go spacers, 8.5 ET45 is the PERFECT offset for not needing spacers! (Although some folks still like to run a 5mm in the rear with this offset.) Sounds like you picked out something without doing research and got very lucky. You still need to watch out for center bore size, and bolt pattern. Imperative. You need 5x112 bolt pattern. You need a 57.1 center bore size. The bore size can be bigger if 57.1 is not available, bit you will then need specific hub centric rings that bring the wheel from whatever it is down to 57.1. You could have found all of this information on the forum, and the rest of the web, like I did. You're welcome don't mention it.

m3incorp

Ready to race!
That is the exact setup that I am buying please post a pic when you get them on. Can you PM me who you ordered from?

I am about to buy some aftermarket vossen cv3 rims. 19inch × 8.5 et45. I want to make sure I get the best sized tire. I have read a few posts that 235/35/19 would be the best fir. My gti is on stock suspension. I shouldnt run into any trouble right? I am assuming these wheels will sit much more flush then stalk or should I also be looking to get spacers? Many thanks.

Also. Any future problems if I lower to vwr springs?