GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

aFe momentum gt pro 5r stage 2 intake

railroader

Autocross Newbie
What's up guys I just installed the aFe momentum gt pro 5r stage 2 intake and im impressed by it, I know I'm not gonna get any massive gains from it but noise and response is good. All motor has is an Apr dp. I had a uni intake prior to this but wasn't very pleased or impressed with it. I went with this because I didn't want to spend 5-800 dollars for an intake and although the carbon fiber on the trendy apr, uni l, and I.e look good in my opinion it doesn't look right in our engine compartment if that's the only cf part (just my opinion) plus I would be willing to bet that none of those would out perform this one. Install was very very easy and imo it looks good. aFe makes top notch filters and stuff I have used there product before when I had my Lexus is300. Bottom line is I am happy with this set up so far.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Looks good, who did you get it through?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
Awesome! Like I said, great part with zero fitment issues!

railroader

Autocross Newbie

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Looks awesome!

It looks like the whole tube needs to come out just to replace/clean the filter. Looks pretty similar to the unitronic, apr, and other closed intakes.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Looks awesome!

It looks like the whole tube needs to come out just to replace/clean the filter. Looks pretty similar to the unitronic, apr, and other closed intakes.
I'm sure it does but it's just a hose clamp the unit can come out as a whole

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Not gonna lie... The fact that they incorporate that SAI is huge. It makes it look a lot cleaner than some of the other intakes where you have to stick a tiny breather filter on the SAI tube and zip tie it somewhere else.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Not gonna lie... The fact that they incorporate that SAI is huge. It makes it look a lot cleaner than some of the other intakes where you have to stick a tiny breather filter on the SAI tube and zip tie it somewhere else.
Agreed. One reason I went with it.

wlfpck

Ready to race!
Do you have the dogbone mount insert?

Any issues with the inflexible tube and motor movements? There was some concern a while back that there is enough engine movement that would cause issues with the tube being rigid and locked in place.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Do you have the dogbone mount insert?

Any issues with the inflexible tube and motor movements? There was some concern a while back that there is enough engine movement that would cause issues with the tube being rigid and locked in place.
I do not have the dog bone inserts or anything. I Haven't had any issues at all with it

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
How loud is this intake?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
How loud is this intake?
As far as being able to hear the dv sound I would say it is very noticeable. I had a unitronic intake prior and this one sounds much better and in my opinion looks better

MK7 From TX

Fixing to order the same intake for my 2017 S DSG. How's it been now that you've run it for awhile? Funny you mention you used to run their intake on your Lexus, I had their takeda intake on my GS350 F sport and it sounded great. Also like them because they offer a dry filter option.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Fixing to order the same intake for my 2017 S DSG. How's it been now that you've run it for awhile? Funny you mention you used to run their intake on your Lexus, I had their takeda intake on my GS350 F sport and it sounded great. Also like them because they offer a dry filter option.

He doesn't run it any more, according to his sig he's running the I.E closed intake.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Ya I have an i.e intake now. I did like that afe on however at the time I was pretty much stock with dp and didn't need it for the stock was just fine so I sold it. I just got the i.e since I went is38 and maestro tune with w/m injection. Still debatable if i really even need anything more than stock intake.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk