GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice with a stuttering issue (whwhwhwwhATTTTS WRONG?)

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Guys I need some help. I’m stage 2 tuned with UM , catted downpipe, and intercooler. Cars been a absolute blast and very reliable. I started getting a stutter at 2200or so rpm getting into boost. Higher rpms it goes away. I changed plugs but the issue is still there. No codes stored at all. No misfire codes nothing. I did some reading online that said it could be the diverter valve is toast? I get tons of turbo flutter even at very low speed (going up my driveway actually). Sounds like little gremlin laughter under my hood as my girlfriend says lol. Any advice? I was going to buy a new diverter valve and coils but I don’t want to start replacing parts if someone may have a idea what it could be. Any help would be awesome. The car runs like hell after the stuttering clears up and it only happens soon as I lay into boost then as the rpms go up it clears up immediately. Please help I’m not sure what it could be. Thank you

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Doesn't sound like the DV. I'll assume it was okay with that tune and it suddenly started to happen. How is it under any other condition like idling or a steady cruise on the highway?

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Doesn't sound like the DV. I'll assume it was okay with that tune and it suddenly started to happen. How is it under any other condition like idling or a steady cruise on the highway?
Absolutely normal. No issues what so ever. Idle is perfect. Smooth on the highway. Zero sign of anything accept in the beginning of boost build. My car is DSG also in case anyone was wondering.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Absolutely normal. No issues what so ever. Idle is perfect. Smooth on the highway. Zero sign of anything accept in the beginning of boost build. My car is DSG also in case anyone was wondering.
Could be compressor surge also, had that happen when giving some throttle to pass at 2-3k and car would start to go but then hesitate with some vibration and surge. That was with Cobb sport DSG tune but now with EQTs it downshifts out of that area.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
EQT mentioned that the DV bleeds off boost under moderate acceleration and they fix it with their tune but from what you're saying this is a new problem.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
You can do a visual check of the DV and feel for issues with the diaphragm/spring. It should be smooth and easy to compress.