GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice on new Bilstein shocks leaking after 2 days

Aeonia

Car(s)
VW GOLF MK7 2014
Hi everyone, I very recently acquired a VW Golf 2014 MK7 with 80,000 km. I took it for service inspection a few days ago & noticed that the rear left suspension had leaked a while back (before I even owned the car) & had both rear suspension’s changed to Bilstein B4’s.

Now fast forward to 2 days ago, picked the car up from the garage with new shocks installed, did about 300km on fairly decent roads, a few potholes but nothing major & on arrival at my parents home I noticed that the new 2 day old Bilstein B4 rear left suspension has already leaked?

Any ideas? As part of the new shocks installation I had my wheels aligned & camber checked.

I've attached pics of the old & new leaked shocks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211009-051346.jpg
    Screenshot_20211009-051346.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 95

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Welcome to the forum. The Bilsteins have a warranty don't they? Point that out to the installer also. Pretty strange that the same corner would leak.

Aeonia

Car(s)
VW GOLF MK7 2014
Welcome to the forum. The Bilsteins have a warranty don't they? Point that out to the installer also. Pretty strange that the same corner would leak.
Warranty would be too much hassle since the shocks are imported. I'll take it back to the dealership

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Are those lowering springs or OE?
B4 + Lowering springs could damage the shock since they are meant exclusively for factory height with OE shocks.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I know you said new replacements, new to you or straight out the box new? Only asking cause that sticker looks a bit worn. Could be the road and oil grime, alongside picture quality that’s making it look that way to me.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
How many ugga duggas did they use for the shock mount? Should be zero.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
^ this, possible installation error, using an air gun instead of hand tools. Did you bring it back?