GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice needed 1.8TSI to GTI numbers

bcbcbc

Car(s)
GOlf MK7 1.8TSI
I wanted to put out to you guys what it is that I am trying to accomplish and see what advice you have.

I drive a 2017 MK7 Golf 1.8 TSI and my goal is to get GTI, (or slightly above) numbers.

The factory spec on the MK7 Golf TSI is 170 hp, 199 torque. Factory spec on the GTI is 220 hp, 258 torque.

I currently have a JB1 installed and it has been great. The spec on the JB1 on this vehicle is 205 hp, 245 torque. These numbers get me pretty close to GTI spec, but not quite there.

I have been looking into getting a Stage 1 tune to get where I want to be. tI reached out to APR who shared that a Stage 1would yield 234-245 hp, 273-301 torque (on 93 octane).

I reached out to a local APR dealer who recommended a GIAC Stage 1 plus that would yield around 220 hp, 239 torque (on 91 octane. Additional 3-5% gain with 93 octane). These numbers are a bit less than just using my JB1.

What are your thoughts guys? It is tough to know if these numbers are at the wheel as well. I would imagine most companies quoting numbers based on what would make them look the best and likely at 93 octane, unless stated otherwise?

Thanks