GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advice for new 2-Door 2016 GTI-S 6-Spd., PP, LED Deal?

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
I am looking to lease a 2016 Volkswagen Golf GTI 2.0T S 2-Door, black, Performance Pack, LED/Lighting package, 6-speed manual. Do not want a SE, do not want a 4-door, do not want leather, do not want sunroof.

MSRP for that car is $28,305
Most dealers should be able to discount 8% to 14&, depending on how eager they are to move inventory, as well as how hungry they are.

I've found a 2016 GTI-S Manual without PP or LED for MSRP $26,135 with a $5,975 Savings and a Selling Price of $20,490
However, I want the Performance Pack and LED package, so even though that is a killer price, it's not what I want.

What is very bothersome is that nobody stocks 2-dr. S w/PP and this has to be ordered. If one were to look at how many 2-dr black, manual with PP & LED gets ordered, one might think dealers would order more. I must be missing something other than the fact that the dealers will move their floor plan, but not have what people want, and if they do, they stick to their MSRP or pretty close to it.

I'm reaching out to ask, to see, to get advice, after all that's what this forum is for, right?

I have a 2013 Focus EV, that I got for $157.98/mo 36 mo. 10.5k mi./yr, $2k down that was a great deal. That was a $40k car with incentives, rebates, etc., but the reduced cost was in the $26k neighborhood, so obviously those kinds of deals are doable.

My lease is up in July, so I'm looking now to prep for a new car to lease.

I'd like the VW GTI 2 dr. as I've specified, however, all the leases I see are ridiculously priced. Also, nobody has what I'm looking for.

How can I make sure to find or generate a killer deal, to be similar to what I have? ($27k car for $157.98/mo) Heck, I'm even willing to go to $200 a month.

If I had a $40k car that had $13k in incentives that make it $27k, why can't I get a $27k car for similar costs?

The lease price should be in the $200/mo. range, the money factor in the 0.00095 to 0.00125 range, the residual around 61%.

Again, I don't need to get this car, I'd like to get it for a daily driver, as I already own a Porsche and a Lexus, I've owned may cars (over 75 in my life), and I just feel that this is something I'd like to enjoy for a daily driver (less than 5-6,000 miles a year.

So, I've spent about 1 month, wasted a ton of time with eager and pushy salespersons looking to make the deal of their lifetimes or getting flat out, "take this car from our inventory and we'll wheel and deal".

I don't want a 4 door, I want a 2 door, I want the performance package and the LED, and I don't want a SE.

Am I'm going to have to abandon the search or find another car?(I have almost 5 months to find this car, and again, if I order, I won't get the deal, I am sure, as the dealers want to make money on orders, not push them out the door for minimal profit)

Any experiences, advice or help?

\w/

Ready to race!
1) that was extremely long winded
2) no focus is worth $40k (unless it can take you to outter space and make you breakfast the next morning)
3) $200 a month lease on what you're looking for is non existent unless you put down a huge down payment
4) negotiate on what you want and have the dealer order it

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
Sorry for the long post, but the forum is to ask and learn, no?
I did not set the price for the Focus, it is the MSRP for a 2013 Focus EV, I got it with 2k down for $157.98/mo, thats why, I thought I stated that.
$200/mo when you factor in the MSRP, Money Factor, residual, Cap Cost, is quite doable, however, I'm looking for that deal, and one might assume it's forthcoming with the "diesel gate" dilemma, 25-30% sales drop, and I'm sure VW wants to move inventory.
Anyway, more importantly, (yes, long winded), why is it so hard to find a car, and if it's a configuration desired, order, etc., why doesn't a dealer stock them?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Bc the average consumer wants goodies. The S has the least "goodies." That's why you need to order S PP's.

Also you won't get any golf besides a 2dr s manual with no pckages for less than 300/mo without a very large down payment

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
If you want the PP then negotiate and get it. However that deal 20.5K is an unbelievable deal. I paid 20.5k for my 2012 2dr manual GTI w/ 15 K miles in 2013

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
$200 a month lease on what you're looking for is non existent unless you put down a huge down payment

x3 on this....won't happen without a huge down payment.
They don't lease out very well at all. They have poor (not in your favor) money factors & poor residuals (around 50%).

\w/

Ready to race!
If you want the PP then negotiate and get it. However that deal 20.5K is an unbelievable deal. I paid 20.5k for my 2012 2dr manual GTI w/ 15 K miles in 2013

:eek:

Before I got the LP I negotiated a non LP 2016 GTI S for what he was quoted. I had to put in some serious work to get that quote though.

OP: there are a ton of lease calculators online, play around with different scenarios to get a feel for what you'll be looking at at the negotiation table

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
Ok. Then I've read most people say "don't put any down payments on a lease", it's "lost" money, never to be recouped. Yet I've read to put MSD's (multiple security deposits) to lower the MF (money factor) and monthly payments. However if VW doesn't do MSD's, what intelligent strategy should one use?
Should I go to Europe and have one shipped back (much like buyers do with BMW's, Mercedes, etc.), or go to Canada?
I have to say, it's kind of silly that these games are played the way they are, but heck, who am I to complain, that's the way it is I guess.

\w/

Ready to race!
Should I go to Europe and have one shipped back (much like buyers do with BMW's, Mercedes, etc.), or go to Canada?

I promise you, the time and cost of the trip will end up costing you way more than what you'll save (IF by some miracle you score a better deal abroad)

Best thing you can do is research. See what deals others have gotten. I consider myself a master negotiator and even i will tell you that what you're asking for is extremely far fetched.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Ok. Then I've read most people say "don't put any down payments on a lease", it's "lost" money, never to be recouped. Yet I've read to put MSD's (multiple security deposits) to lower the MF (money factor) and monthly payments. However if VW doesn't do MSD's, what intelligent strategy should one use?

You're talking about $200/mo payments on a car that normally is between 300 and 400. And the closer to 300 you get the more you're putting down on a down payment. If you want $200/mo, you'd have to do a prohibitively large down payment. If you want $200/mo, you'll need to BUY the car, and put like a 10k down payment and finance for 6 years lol.

Is this a serious question? Do you actually think this makes enough sense to even be worth asking people? It's a Volkswagen, NOT a BMW, Mercedes, etc.

I have to say, it's kind of silly that these games are played the way they are, but heck, who am I to complain, that's the way it is I guess.

Everything you're saying is silly. You're the silly one. You seem like a crazy person who's very out of touch with reality. Excuse my harshness.

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
I'd hope you were not referring to me?
Regardless, look at various factors for comparison.
Look at the base numbers (MSRP), then look at the incentives (when available, to total to a fixed number to apply to MSRP reduction).
Then, look at the "normal" reduction of MSRP by most dealers just to make a deal.
Then, look at the total MSRP with all of the deductions, and pick an arbitrary number between $20k and $25k.
Now plug THOSE numbers, with a money factor, residual %, cap cost reduction, and all the other items an informed and educated purchaser is SUPPOSED to make PRIOR to walking into ANY deal, and tell me the numbers YOU get are over $170 to $225.
The only reason I can assume that there are no "deals" is because people pay the price with little hassle.
Again, look at comparison numbers, the numbers, not the car, and look at all the factors, resale, residual, etc., and compare.
There is zero reason that deals cannot be made.
And again, I am profusely sorry if I am giving the impression that I may be "off my rocker", but because I hammer out a deal, I am under no pressure, I have done this multiple times before, I know of many others who too have had opportunities.

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
I think you might be able to swing that kind of payment with a base Focus ST: they're going for about $19K plus TTL and with lower mileage allowance I think it can be pared down to your monthly range.

If you're in Jersey try MD dealers who might offer better deals. Good luck!

joeblonewjersey

Ready to race!
However........not wanting a Focus. Been there done that. Have 4 VW's in the last 40 years with 71 other cars. I did at one time like Ford. No more. I'd like a GTI for the waning years of my life. Like I. Said I can't get the Boxster wet or dirty. The VW however can be the daily driver. If I find one for a reasonable cost. But I don't want to help pay for the dealers new boat, summer home, IRA, or other spiffs that they get for owning a dealership. Give me a break. Do you know any car dealers? I know 2, very wealthy, very high life, and that's my point. They can budge. We just need a recession.

casualsurfer

Ready to race!
However........not wanting a Focus. Been there done that. Have 4 VW's in the last 40 years with 71 other cars. I did at one time like Ford. No more. I'd like a GTI for the waning years of my life. Like I. Said I can't get the Boxster wet or dirty. The VW however can be the daily driver. If I find one for a reasonable cost. But I don't want to help pay for the dealers new boat, summer home, IRA, or other spiffs that they get for owning a dealership. Give me a break. Do you know any car dealers? I know 2, very wealthy, very high life, and that's my point. They can budge. We just need a recession.
No, we just need patience and willingness to make some calls and emails. Or you can hire someone to do the leg work for you for around $500. Tom McParland over at Jalopnik.com offers a great service. If I didn't already have that great deal I would have gone with Tom. In fact I might ask Tom to help negotiate an X1 for my wife.

Try checking with large VW movers like Fitzgerald or Ourisman VW in MD.

My Cayman S was driven year round, with snow tires for the winter.