GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adjustable Front Swaybar Endlink - Lowered Vehicle

whitegti2017

Car(s)
2017 - GTI Autobahn
Hello All,

Hopefully someone can help or point me in the right direction. I have recently lowered my car on ED Springs, as well as ED rear swaybar endlinks and SuperPro front swaybar endlinks. I have been able to adjust the rear endlinks with no problem.

The issue that I have is that the SuperPro is set to the original stock length, however because I'm lowered I'm not sure if I need to add or take away length to compensate for the lowering.

I have developed a clicking noise on the drivers side when I turn the steering wheel at stationary or slow speeds. Recently replaced the upper strut mount and bushing on both sides, just trying to rule out all possibilities.

Thank you

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
The billet spacer included in the kit may be the culprit. I'm using my Superpro front end links without that spacer after it was conflicting and creating clunking noises initially. All is fine now.

whitegti2017

Car(s)
2017 - GTI Autobahn
The billet spacer included in the kit may be the culprit. I'm using my Superpro front end links without that spacer after it was conflicting and creating clunking noises initially. All is fine now.

Good to know, does your MK7.5 have the DCC?

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Good to know, does your MK7.5 have the DCC?
No. It's also on stock ride height but with Superpro LCA and Fixed Camber strut tops.
You may have to adjust the overall length for your lowered setup but just throwing it out there that the billet spacer did cause a conflict on my setup and it's running fine without it. It's a variable worth noting.

scruff_dog

Car(s)
Mk7 Golf Highline
In general, the only time I have had to use custom length sway links is when you go extreme (+3 inch lower or raise). Failing that, as long as you didn’t need the Incredible Hulk to get the shaft through the hole, or the bar isn’t hitting anything,all is good.
sway links can be of any length as long as left and right are the same length and nothing fouls