GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adjustable Front Endlinks - Reviews please!

Hyperlite

Go Kart Newbie
Looking to get some adjustable front endlinks. Pretty much every brand I look up has a mix of positive and negative reviews. Hoping to get some forum members experience/reviews so that I can make a good buy the first go around. Leaning towards Superpro or Whiteline at the moment. Any help is appreciated!

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I think you see such varied reviews because everyone has different suspension setups. Adjustable end links are also subject to improper installation, which may then cause some of the bad reviews.

Posting your current suspension setup might help get some better advice.

I have Whitelines installed on my A3 and they seem fine, but that car is only street driven. They have held up well enough, nothing bad to say about them.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Whitelines, on Bilstein B16 DCC coilovers, H&R front sway, 15k miles with lots of autocross and grocery use, no issues.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Powergrid, has excellent fender clearance if you're cambered out. Very heavy-duty compared to whiteline/superpro. Just wish they also made rear links.

Hyperlite

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the replies so far.

My setup is OEM Golf R DCC struts with Eibach pro-kit springs. Street driven only, no track or auto-x.

Wanting endlinks to hopefully get rid of small clunk noise at low speed turns, and interested to see if it improves the steering feel after lowering.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
034 on H&R springs/B8s on 4Mo wagon. Beat on and tracked. First set lasted 1 year in that scenario. Replaced with same. I'm sure normal daily use would be fine/same as all the others Superpro/Whiteline etc.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I had a set of Superpro front endlinks snap. They may have been improperly installed because there was some clicking and popping when turning the wheel suggesting they were loaded. The Neuspeed adjustable set that replaced the Superpro have been quiet and great. I recommend the Neuspeed.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I have Spulen adjustable endlinks. Spherical bearings vs ball joint. Most important part is correct installation (vehicle on level surface while loaded).

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Stock up front, Moogs in the rear. 26mm H&R bars F+R.

Only reason to bother with aftermarket end links the PITA that they are is if you have coilovers and are corner balancing the car (otherwise it's impossible to corner balance without the sway bars binding up badly).

Technically you can use adjustables even on stock style springs/shocks/etc but IMO it's not enough to matter.

The car gets beaten on more than most. I consider myself a decent driver but even I wouldn't be able to notice a tiny bit of bind that might be present on shocks/springs. When you corner balance a car on coilovers - it's far more noticeable.

Personally I hate aftermarket end links. They're all bulky garbage and usually with poor anodizing and coatings on the hardware that looks like crap after a year or two. I had Whiteline end links on a prior car and was not impressed.

Most people screw up end link install by not making sure the top and bottom joints are tightened while rocked in the same direction with the wheels straight. Otherwise you'll run into an issue where turning the wheel full left or full right will loosen the end link joint from the "rod" portion of it. This is an install error, and SHOULDN'T be a problem if you pay attention when putting them in. But either way, OEM end links don't unthread at one end in relation to the other. 🤷‍♂️

Hyperlite

Go Kart Newbie
Just pulled the trigger on the ECS endlinks. They had enough good reviews, were on sale for 30% off, and are covered under the ECS lifetime replacement program. Figured It was worth a shot.

Planning on using loctite for the install. Should I try to get some on the threads that are going into the tube, or just on the jam nut? Some people have report the jam nut coming loose even with the loctite…should I try the red stuff, or just stick with blue?

Also, can anyone confirm that the ECS endlinks work with DCC struts? The website doesn’t specify DCC vs non DCC, so I’m assuming they work with both?

Last edited:

Rmcnelly

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf Alltrack S
If you aren’t going to corner balance, but need shorter endlinks these are 35mm shorter than stock.

https://www.fk-shop.de/en/Suspensio...ling-rod-set-VW-Golf-V-all-including-R32.html

They were $65 shipped and took a week to arrive. Here they are compared to the stockers:

IMG_9770.jpeg

IMG_9771.jpeg

They can be ordered from ECS for $80 with lifetime replacement but have a long shipping delay.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-fk-parts/front-sway-bar-end-link-set/fkkss06-06/