GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Actual Horsepower

jhileman79

Ready to race!
I think APR has dyno results up on their website. I believe the non PP ha 234hp.

DanielSL

Ready to race!
I have a 2015 model without the performance pack. Supposed to be rated at 210 horsepower, and 258 torque. After two back to back runs, I averaged over 215 hp, and over 270 torque at the wheels on a dynojet dyno.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2015 model without the performance pack. Supposed to be rated at 210 horsepower, and 258 torque. After two back to back runs, I averaged over 215 hp, and over 270 torque at the wheels on a dynojet dyno.

Why are you so sure the dynojet readings are accurate? Doesn't the overall performance depend on being at sea level also?

fudsey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MkV GTI
Well he is in Florida and the whole state is at sea level.....lol

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Well he is in Florida and the whole state is at sea level.....lol

Well perhaps, however the dyno will measure wheel horse power which may differ from the engine horsepower

Wheel horsepower (whp)

Motor vehicle dynamometers are used which measure the actual horsepower delivered to the driving wheel(s), which represents the actual usable power levels available considering all losses in the drive train, and all parasitic losses such as pumps, fans, alternator, etc. The vehicle is generally attached to the dynamometer and accelerates a large roller and Power Absorbing Unit which is driven by the vehicle's drive wheel(s). The actual power is then computer calculated based on the rotational inertia of the roller, its resultant acceleration rates and power applied by the Power Absorbing Unit.

That is not to say the MFRS measure at a certain parameter/ambience, the the figures quoted maybe the minimum available, so users (assuming they are measuiring accurately) may indeed get a little more.

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Wheel horsepower is all that matters.