GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yea, I mean I like modding to a certain point, but sometimes I think I go a bit too far. I still really love the GTI but at times It’s just a lot of money put into same car when I could just use it to upgrade to a different car. Gonna save up to just upgrade to an R probably soon. We’ll see how it goes with removing all this stuff. Still gotta pull off my HPFP, CTS intercooler, and springs.
still gotta sell that AP too, maybe someone will be interested since it has both the is38 tunes and is20 tunes.

Either way, surprisingly really like how to GTI drives at the moment, lol. Also, worst mod to the GTI by far; Dogbone insert.

Last edited:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I turned my wheel left, disconnected positive battery terminal, undid the clip abs then was able to turn the wheel to the right to unclip the other side without reconnecting the battery until I was done. Most of the videos I’ve seen do it this way.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Of course. My build thread and steering wheels is as iconic as the CSB thread and arguing how to properly wipe your ass 🤣

Get an R yet? See you piecing out the GTI in the classifieds...
wait this is a build thread?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yea, I mean I like modding to a certain point, but sometimes I think I go a bit too far. I still really love the GTI but at times It’s just a lot of money put into same car when I could just use it to upgrade to a different car. Gonna save up to just upgrade to an R probably soon. We’ll see how it goes with removing all this stuff. Still gotta pull off my HPFP, CTS intercooler, and springs.
still gotta sell that AP too, maybe someone will be interested since it has both the is38 tunes and is20 tunes.

Either way, surprisingly really like how to GTI drives at the moment, lol. Also, worst mod to the GTI by far; Dogbone insert.
I felt like my stage 1 BFI dogbone insert made more of a difference than my stage 2 engine mount.

I love it.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I just don’t like extra vibrations and such, I’m a little wuss. I just like a clean comfy ride so I hated it haha.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I just don’t like extra vibrations and such, I’m a little wuss. I just like a clean comfy ride so I hated it haha.
Get the powerflex diesel insert. It's 55A rather than 70A of their street insert. Thanks to MQB, the dogbone is the same between gas and diesel. I'm running one with BFI stage 1 motor and trans mounts. Once they calmed down after some miles it's a nice trade off of performance to NVH. Cold is the worst, I'd say it's around 90's stock Honda NVH currently. You can feel the pistons firing, but it isn't rattling your fillings out. Love the added cabin noise personally, because racecar.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
the r's been out 20 years holy shit

i'd rather the 2002 r32 than the 2022 for some reason

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
ignored greecar's requests to "extend delivery" and they got things done decently quick:

View attachment 250291

7f5.gif

Lucky.

I extended their delivery time like they asked, and they still marked that shit shipped a week before it actually went in the mail...