GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
I did just notice this though, this is making it hard...

View attachment 236423

That is the 2021 I was looking at, that has 1,300 miles. The dealers website did have it listed as an Autobahn, not sure why they changed it to an S. It's definitely an Autobahn. Virtual cockpit, 8" MIB screen, ventilated seats, etc... But it was listed at $32,600 and they dropped it $2,700...

I am really against having a black car though...
Wrap it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Obviously not against that, I got a guy :ROFLMAO:

Like I said after looking at the last one, I wasn't completely veto'ing the idea. Just still looking for one at a dealer that will play ball. I'm visiting a different dealer tomorrow for another gray 2020. It's a VW dealer this time, hopefully they'll have more of an appreciation of the value of a GTI trade in, and would be more willing to work with me on both the price of the trade and sale price of the car. If not, I'd go look at that 2021. I didn't realize the 2021's got MIB3 in the Autobah, while the 2020's are still on MIB2. That's a pretty big selling point for me...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
the-big-lebowski-dude.gif

1642814971298.png

$29.9k sale price and $19k trade in are my kind of numbers...

More than likely, I'd make the drive and they'd go "Yeah, it's really $15k"...

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Compression test was done right before putting in the Vortex, checked out fine.

I was actually doing a compression test at the same time now and killed my battery trying to turn over my car without it starting :ROFLMAO:

Oh, trust me. It is. 3rd gear is goddamn amazing. The fact that I can be going 85mph, downshift to 3rd, put my foot down, and it still pulls harder than most cars do while going 50mph... I mean, you were on a 400+ hp hybrid. You know what it's like :ROFLMAO:
Bruh. Battery charger needs to be on while you're doing a compression test. In all reality it's fine. Probably had a spark plug diode break off at some point which caused it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Sure you don’t want to wait for the 2022? You’re not gaining big saving by going preowned in this market.

Not like the update looks any worse than the 7 looks anyways 😅

The 2022 is weird to me. It's got all the parts of the MK8 GTI interior I dislike (mainly the steering wheel), and none of the parts I do like. I don't mind infotainment driven climate controls. I love that shit. And not a fan of that weird bumper grill.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah that grill is deff a nightmare!

I actually like the wheel? It was the only thing I wanted to wait a few months for the Tiguan about 😂 before getting the 21, but I just didn’t like the newer bumpers of the 22 Tiguan so I dealt with the wheel.

It's the red accent. Makes it look cheap to me. I don't mind the capacitive buttons though.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
So.

Appointment at 11am with Dealer 1 with the 2020 Gray GLI, 13k miles @ $31.9k. I fully anticipate this to be a waste of my time.

Appointment at 4pm with Dealer 2 with the 2021 Black GLI, 1,300 miles @ $29.9k, and a preliminary trade in quote of $19.3k.

Dealer 1 would have to come close to matching what's at Dealer 2 to consider it. I doubt that would happen, that's why I'm betting on it being a waste of my time.

Dealer 2, since it's a newer and cheaper car (although in a color I don't want, but thank Jesus for vinyl wrap), would just have to come close to their trade in estimate for me to consider it. They initially said $19.3k without seeing the car, anything around $17.5k I'd consider.