GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

About the GTI7 color in Geneva Motor Show film

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion

Litsma1

Passed Driver's Ed
thank you two, Avanti and KindiGTI. :)
Indeed, the film seems to be completed by two color (pure and oryx white) for filming effect. But what I really want to know is that which kind of color looks more like glass and crystal feeling? pure or oryx? or both of them?

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
I ordered pure white as the onyx white option was about £800 more.

In the showroom I needed reading glasses to see the difference. Onyx has a slight pearl effect and possibly shows the cars edges and lines more gracefully in certain lights, but I can't be faffed with that and, as I pointed out to the salesman, "who can tell at 100mph?"

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
This is a pic of a PW GTI next to an OW GT, the colour difference is subtle, however there are members on here who have a hobby and skill to get the paintwork looking better than showroom :cool:
Is the OW worth the extra premium? Probably not for many. Candy White used to be an as standard option. Looking at some videos the OW comes into it's own.

At 42 secs the car shown is pure white, the one at 47 secs is oryx white, then the section where it's on the road from 1'30" you can see the pearl effect without too much effort.

Pure White

Oryx White

Pure White

Oryx White

Litsma1

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered pure white as the onyx white option was about £800 more.

In the showroom I needed reading glasses to see the difference. Onyx has a slight pearl effect and possibly shows the cars edges and lines more gracefully in certain lights, but I can't be faffed with that and, as I pointed out to the salesman, "who can tell at 100mph?"
Under natural light, probably it's easier to identify which one is Oryx white.
anyways, really thanks for sharing that for me.:)

Last edited:

Litsma1

Passed Driver's Ed
This is a pic of a PW GTI next to an OW GT, the colour difference is subtle, however there are members on here who have a hobby and skill to get the paintwork looking better than showroom :cool:
Is the OW worth the extra premium? Probably not for many. Candy White used to be an as standard option. Looking at some videos the OW comes into it's own.

At 42 secs the car shown is pure white, the one at 47 secs is oryx white, then the section where it's on the road from 1'30" you can see the pearl effect without too much effort.

Pure White

Oryx White

Pure White

Oryx White

Coolll.. thanks for these pics.
Actually, I've seen Oryx White GTI7 in our VW dealer today.
Really fascinating! I think Oryx White is what I want even though extra £640 I have to pay for that.:D

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
On the whole everytime I sawe an Oryx white, the weather was wet, so it doesn't show it off to the fullness, I had seen other cars in a pearl white and they do look nice, then 2 weeks ago there was an Oryx White GTD on the road and the colour has grown on me somewhat (just as well as I have and Oryx White arriving towards the end of the month) , I'm just deciding still which wax to top it off with.

Litsma1

Passed Driver's Ed
On the whole everytime I sawe an Oryx white, the weather was wet, so it doesn't show it off to the fullness, I had seen other cars in a pearl white and they do look nice, then 2 weeks ago there was an Oryx White GTD on the road and the colour has grown on me somewhat (just as well as I have and Oryx White arriving towards the end of the month) , I'm just deciding still which wax to top it off with.
No problem. These pics really help me a lot to identify Oryx White.:)
So are you waiting for your Oryx too???

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
No problem. These pics really help me a lot to identify Oryx White.:)
So are you waiting for your Oryx too???

Yes, Oryx white gti dsg :cool: dealer said it should with them by Wednesday so by the 23rd I should have it :)