GOLFMKV

5150 RACING

Status
Not open for further replies.

fck5150

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti
My experience with 5150 tuning has been the worst. I had gotten ecutek back in august of 2020 from the 5150 website because after seeing what Jon could do with his tuning on YouTube I thought, why not right? I had a is38+ turbo at the time FBO. I got Jon’s basemap and tried to send him logs but my car kept misfiring I was in the process of adding a hpfp to my car and I let Jon know that, after adding the hpfp the car ran fine. October 2020 comes up and Jon doesn’t answer his emails and or his messages on Facebook. I wanted to try and get some logs in before I got cold out Still no answer I joined the Facebook group Page. I was seeing him tune other cars but wasn’t answering me or sending any emails or messages back to me. I decided to message him again to ask him what’s going on with my tuning, this is November of 2020 at this point. It got too cold for tuning and traction might be an issue. Plus I was still on the basemap he sent me which was very very slow and not for my turbo, so I wait until the spring time and at this time after seeing him tuning other people’s cars on the 5150 page even in the very state that I am in. He picks and chooses who he wants to tune, but takes everyone’s money.

Winter passes and I’m still tuning the base map that Jon sent me from September of 2020, I raced my friend that has a is38 turbo. Basemap from Jon as well…. I lost. Asking why did I lose? Shouldn’t I be as fast as him? So it’s March of 2021 things are starting to warm up outside. So I messaged Jon yet again about tuning. No answer (while still on the slow base map) as I see on the 5150 Facebook page. He is tuning hybrid turbo Gti’s but not mine. So I message him and email him over and over again still no
Answer. Then he finally answers and said that I was harassing him? I paid 1300.00 to be on a base map and no dsg tune from ecutek? And be slow as fuck? No that’s not what I paid for. So March 2021 comes I get a I’m harassing him and he is busy but from what I see. He is still tuning other cars in Cali and on the Facebook page. I’d try and comment about me waiting a long time for tuning and my comments would be deleted right away!.

It’s June of 2021 I get irritated still no tune from Jon. Jon tells me I need to make time on a dyno so I can get tuned through ecutek because it’s a lot of work so I did in July 2021 and some how some way, There is some type of miscommunication between Jon and his little minion and the day comes up where I had to have my car on the dyno and Jon doesn’t answer and his little minion worker stopped answering me the day of when I was supposed to get time on the dyno with him to tune my car. I got really irritated by this because I did everything Jon asked. My car was ready to go and he didn’t answer. so I talk to someone who’s name I shall not mention who works very closely with Jon and Jon only answers him, and he tells me. He is in charge of people getting tuned in the state by Jon and he works for 5150. So I ask him to help me out with my tuning. He said he would So Jon and him tries to tune my car on mpi and ecutek and after a hour of “tuning” Jon claims MPI and ecutek doesn’t work and he has to email them and wait to hear back So Its like late July 2021 still no map. Im still slow af so I decided to go hybrid turbo and buy an rx550 wanting to support 5150 and possibly get tuned faster and a billet intake manifold and 535lpfp wanting to support 5150 knowing that Jon is a one man band with tuning.

I Paid 2300.00 for that turbo! And got an Cobb AP because Jon said he was having complications with ecutek but I still haven’t gotten the DSG tune I originally order with the ecutek. I was asking him about from august 2020 to august 2021 he gave another lame excuse. I got my hybrid and got it installed and I was still waiting for a month and I was on a ecutek basemap with the hybrid turbo on a that was “made” for the is38+. It was now mid august still running on the basemap that was made for a different turbo and MPI not working for my car some how and still no DSG tune that I had originally paid for, I had gotten a cobb ap to get tuned and still no tune from jon for the hybrid turbo. Not even a base map. My car was throwing the EPC light and everything. I continued to message him and he would STILL only talk to the persons name I shall not mention (MK7 fastest Gti) 👀. I would even ask him why does Jon only talk to you and not me when I paid 1300.00 and I still have nothing to talk about. So September comes around and it’s fall now. Still no basemap or answer from Jon. So I install the billet intake manifold, and I buy a tune from EQT because at that moment I was waiting a long time and I had it with the bull shit so I try to tune my car and brick out my ecu, BUT still no tune from Jon. Even tho I was willing to pay for it for my Cobb AP. the guy that I was working with who works closely with Jon. Who Jon only answers (MK7 fastest Gti) 👀 said I would get it for free, because of complications with ecutek. So I’m like okay cool either way I could choose if I wanted to go with tuning with ecutek or Cobb. I thought it be better with Cobb because that’s what Jon tunes best.

After buying a new ECU repining my ecu with my MPI wiring harness and everything. The car was ready to be tuned by Jon, but by that time I had already had my car running with EQT because Jon didn’t send me my dsg tune OR my ecu tune STILL so now October 2021. I’m done with 5150 racing tuning or whatever the scamming company is called. I had a personally call with him after telling him I will contact the BBB and let them know he is taking peoples money and not providing what they paid for. He stated he now tunes twin turbo lambos and R8s and the 300.00 tunes that is for mqb guys are nothing to him but he would finish the tuning for the people who were waiting, moral of the story is DO NOT GET YOUR CAR TUNED THROUGH 5150. I spent 1300.00 for tuning through ecutek and my car was still slow af and I still had to wait over a year and still never even gotten a decent tune I can brag about or even a DSG tune, spent 2300.00 on a rx550 thats now having wastegate actuator problems when the turbo came with the wastegate Actuator(supposedly already supposed to be calibrated). Spent 1300.00 on tuning with EQT tuning and got my DSG tune within a week and my base map within the same week. Jon and his business is a joke and his workers too. I wouldn’t let that man tune shit of mine. He is a joke and whoever who works for him is a joke.

Everyone I spoke to even the guys that is on the Facebook page are still waiting on tunes from him. I have all the emails and messages from him and his workers to support what I am saying and I’m sure people can agree with me. I got conned 100% just because I wanted to support his business and get the best tune and never gotten anything worth talking about and how he is too big to tune MQB cars? Apparently. I should have done my research before even talking to him. Even spending the money. Now im at a loss but I’m at a gain because EQT.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Creates username to throw shade at 5150
Creates first post to explain shade toward 5150

Yup.....legit :rolleyes:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
giphy (29).gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That’s way to bad. I posted it so people don’t get tuned through him again not for a joke

I'm sorry you went though what you went through. But at this point, that's fairly well known knowledge in this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.