GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

245/40 on stock wheels, should i be concerned

Chrishew09

**update**

finally got the correct size tires

WOW these tires are sooo much better then the factory tires. Very well composed over bumps, steering feel is much better. They absorb impacts so much better, it's doesn't upset the chassis now.
It's amazing how different they are compared to the incorrect size I've had for the last couple weeks.

I'm a normal driver that commutes every day, half highway half in town, i'll never go racing, my GTI is all stock, I wont be using the tires at the limits. But, for an everyday tire i love them.

I think the Tirerack review is spot on, they did a comparison video against two other tires, Conti DWS and a Michelin, it's the best everyday all around tire.

These ultra high performance all season tires are more comfortable then the grand touring tire that came from the factory, but still have a stiffer side wall with better turn in feel, I have no idea how they did that. THESE are the Pirelli's VW should have put on the car from the factory.

Cheers

normcaldwell

Go Kart Newbie
^
Makes sense that the 225/40 stock size on the 7.5" wide wheel would feel more responsive, and overall be a more pleasurable drive than 245/40 on the same 7.5" wide wheel.