GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

245/40-18s fit on a 2015 GTI

2015 gti owner

Car(s)
2015 VW GTI
I have a 2015 GTI that I track. I've been running 235s on it for a while and was wondering if 245/40-18s will fit? Does anyone have experience with running 245s?

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Stock suspension or lowered? What's your wheel width and offset?

Plenty of folks running 245/40/18, it's definitely possible.

2015 gti owner

Car(s)
2015 VW GTI
Stock suspension or lowered? What's your wheel width and offset?

Plenty of folks running 245/40/18, it's definitely possible.
I have an Ohlin suspension system that's been lowered a little. The wheels I use are 8 inches. don't know what the offset is. I'm thinking about buying one 245 as a test.

enobiko

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 SE 6 MT
At what point do you need the fender screw mod? I just upgraded to 235/40-18 PS 4 S, stock wheels, springs and shocks, but rear sway bar, and I autocross. Costco installer told me the new tires were a bit tight in the rear, but I'm not worried about that. I'm guessing I'd have to go 245, or spacers, before I have to do the screw mod, but I thought I'd better be sure before I mess up these new tires.

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
At what point do you need the fender screw mod? I just upgraded to 235/40-18 PS 4 S, stock wheels, springs and shocks, but rear sway bar, and I autocross. Costco installer told me the new tires were a bit tight in the rear, but I'm not worried about that. I'm guessing I'd have to go 245, or spacers, before I have to do the screw mod, but I thought I'd better be sure before I mess up these new tires.

If you hear rubbing, do the mod. I doubt you'll need it with your set up. I have 235/40 on 18x9 wheels, lowered about 1" and I do not have any rubbing yet.