GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

225/45/18 for winter setup

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
We never get a large amount of snow on the West Coast but when we do the city is not equipped to deal with it, I don't even thing the city has a plow...seriously. I'll be getting the Nokian WRG3 next week as dedicated snow tires here is simply overkill.

I'd like to run 225/45/18 for the added cushion they will offer over pot holes etc. Anyone running this size tire successfully without any issues on stock suspension?

yowalter

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm assuming you're in the PNW. I decided to go with 16's instead of 18 for cost (can get better tires and wheels for less) and also so that I could get marginally better traction on the skinnier tires. Really up to your preference, I'd say, but if you expect a lot of snow, I'd consider downsizing just to be reassured

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

VDuBNIT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I'm assuming you're in the PNW. I decided to go with 16's instead of 18 for cost (can get better tires and wheels for less) and also so that I could get marginally better traction on the skinnier tires. Really up to your preference, I'd say, but if you expect a lot of snow, I'd consider downsizing just to be reassured

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I went with 225/40/18 Nokian WRG3. We get so little snow here it's not worth talking about. The last time we got any accumulation was 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk