GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 GTI DSG Service

Mk7casey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 Cornflower GTI
I’m approaching 31k miles on my gti and I’ve been reading that it’s a good idea to service the VAQ diff and DSG well I have been looking for guides on how to do these services DIY and can’t seem to find any guides for a 7.5 gti, just don’t know if there is anything different for the services/ fluid specs between the mk7 and mk7.5 and I’d be doing it by gravity fill.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
you dont need to do the DSG service with the 7 speed until 2023-2024 (3 years) or 80,000 miles but I would still do a preventative one between 50-60k

Mk7casey

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2021 Cornflower GTI
you dont need to do the DSG service with the 7 speed until 2023-2024 (3 years) or 80,000 miles but I would still do a preventative one between 50-60k

I’m full stage 2 someone told me because I am I need to be doing dsg services every 30k

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
I’m full stage 2 someone told me because I am I need to be doing dsg services every 30k
thats true for the 6 speed (after 3 years/40,000 when new, then every 2 years or 30,000 miles), but you have a 7 speed. of course, no harm in doing it early. you probably wont do 80,000 miles in 3 years, so just do it in like a year or whenever you get around to it. basically what im saying is youre in no rush.

BlackT5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
The are a few videos on YouTube for the 7speed. Handful of difference like draining the mech unit and the filter is in the rear. Oh, and different oil. All the tools are the same.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Hmm. Never knew that. The filter is no longer on top near the battery?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Hmm. Never knew that. The filter is no longer on top near the battery?

Nope. The 7spd DQ381 isn't the same exact process as the DQ250, but still the same basic idea. Filter is in a different place (and a different filter), and you have to also drain the mechatronics unit as well, which isn't a step done on the DQ250.