GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2021 golf 1.4 6mt: Is stock flywheel dual or single mass?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
So are you of the opinion that my vehicle came with a dual mass?

Despite the opinions I've received on this thread (which are most appreciated) I'm still looking at a 50/50 split and don't know what to believe.

A VW tech and many folks online insist DMF, another vw tech and someone here claim SMF.

The joy of internet research.
I don't know enough to give an opinion on the matter; except that in this age of all-out war against NVH, it doesn't seem likely VW would put a SMF in anything.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
A noisy flywheel is part of the interface that connects the human to the machine. Let your inner child rifle through that bucket of legos and marbles as you move through the gears

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So Uberdot has no idea if it's single mass or not, but he does have a way with words 👍
Have you asked a dealer to use your VIN and look up what yours came with. They should know by the part number your VIN brings up.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hi, trans code is UJC

I can't find that in my European info..obviously a unique NAR code...I can say that the 02S 6 speed gearboxes (MQ250) have a dual mass flywheel. This manual gearbox is fitted to most 1.4lt & 1.5lt VAG cars on the MQB platform.

Rasmus

Car(s)
2021 Golf Tsi manual
I can't find that in my European info..obviously a unique NAR code...I can say that the 02S 6 speed gearboxes (MQ250) have a dual mass flywheel. This manual gearbox is fitted to most 1.4lt & 1.5lt VAG cars on the MQB platform.
Hmmm. Thanks for checking. I'm in the United States & my car was manufactured in Puebla Mexico, though the transmission country of origin is Germany.

According to "parts.VW.com", this flywheel is mine:
61uE0GuPEWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It looks single Mass, no?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hmmm. Thanks for checking. I'm in the United States & my car was manufactured in Puebla Mexico, though the transmission country of origin is Germany.

According to "parts.VW.com", this flywheel is mine:
View attachment 223155
It looks single Mass, no?

That's a picture of a single mass flywheel...

& yes I know when your car was made etc..just I thought VW would have kept the gearbox codes the same.....but as usual they like to confuse & make life complicated!