GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 R VW emblems

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Looking to get some carbon fiber overlays.
Some are for the raised up VW logos (7.5 model year R), and some are for the flat VW emblems.

I thought since I had a brand new 2019 Golf R, it would be the 7.5 mid year, but the emblems are flat on my car. Date of manufacture on the door jamb is 06/19.

Anybody out there have raised logos on their new Golf R?

MDLBC

Ready to race!
It is flat because it has the radar sensor for ACC. The MK7’s had the sensor in the lower grill and have a regular raised emblem.

idriveastick

Ready to race!
yeah, the radar moved up behind the emblem, so they covered it with a plastic shield, probably for weather proofing. I hate it too. I can just see in five years, if I still have the car, that thing being all scratched and dinged up with a yellow hue.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
yeah, the radar moved up behind the emblem, so they covered it with a plastic shield, probably for weather proofing. I hate it too. I can just see in five years, if I still have the car, that thing being all scratched and dinged up with a yellow hue.

Put a clear bra on it if you’re concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
It is flat because it has the radar sensor for ACC. The MK7’s had the sensor in the lower grill and have a regular raised emblem.

Thank you for your quick reply, appreciate it!

Guess any cover would negate/disrupt the radar signal, so I'll not cover it.

pnwbrdr

Ready to race!
Radar is barely affected by a uniform covering of a non-metallic material - that's why the new logo is flat instead of raised. I have PPF over mine, have had since day two, and it's been just fine. If you wanted to glue a raised logo over the flat one, that's where you might want to be concerned about throwing the radar off.

Pretty sure they're pretty cheap from VW to replace... it's not integrated with the ACC unit in any way, the ACC unit is mounted behind it.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It's a solid logo... There isn't a removable plastic cover over a 3D logo, the 3D logo is embedded into clear plastic... it's all uniform thickness/density.

I was gonna say...looks flat with a 3d effect to me.

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
I covered mine(7.5 R) with black VW from badgeskins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk