GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Ronnie1

Ready to race!
The 18 is non-PP. The 19 has no issues at this point after they replaced o2 sensor, switched oil to 5w-40, and reset all the adaptions, but it would bog and surge under 4500 rpms, then drive normal above that RPM.

It also had rough idle, terrible gas mileage and stalling in the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
What does pp stand for? How bad was your gas mileage before?

What does pp stand for? How bad was your gas mileage before?
It was generally about 5 mpg worse than the 2018 on same daily commute, driving even easier, but got worse right before O2 sensor failed.

It's pretty much normal now. I'm averaging 33 to 34 over a tank.

True story, I only got 25 mpg in my NC Miata on same route.

Ronnie1

Ready to race!
It was generally about 5 mpg worse than the 2018 on same daily commute, driving even easier, but got worse right before O2 sensor failed.

It's pretty much normal now. I'm averaging 33 to 34 over a tank.

True story, I only got 25 mpg in my NC Miata on same route.

Ok I’m getting right around 30 on my daily commune to work. That’s mixed with normal and sporty driving though. If I just drove normal I think I’d be 33-34 too.

lavaheadache

My mileage is similar in the 19 vs. 17 hard to say precisely though since I went right from a tuned 17 into a stock 19. I also switched my 19 to 5w-40 when I did the tune since I didn’t want a low film strength oil under higher constraints. Car was seemingly fine on what it came with though and looked fine coming out. One thing I can say for certain though is that my tail pipes on the 19 stay completely clean unlike my 17 which needed constant soot clean up. Very happy about that!

My mileage is similar in the 19 vs. 17 hard to say precisely though since I went right from a tuned 17 into a stock 19. I also switched my 19 to 5w-40 when I did the tune since I didn’t want a low film strength oil under higher constraints. Car was seemingly fine on what it came with though and looked fine coming out. One thing I can say for certain though is that my tail pipes on the 19 stay completely clean unlike my 17 which needed constant soot clean up. Very happy about that!
I'm noticing that about the tail pipes too. 18 are always dirty, 19 are spotless.

Makes no sense.

Zeke06b

I have a 2019 GTI 6MT with a 05/19 build date. Today was the only the third time I've driven it. It stalled at 105 miles while waiting at a light to make a left turn and again about a half mile later waiting to make another left turn. This was after a 30 miles of freeway driving. It still has the dealer supplied tank of gas. Going to take it back to the dealer service to get the paper trail started...

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
I've seen a ton of comments from recent stalling owners that can't register complaints because the VIN isn't recognized. Maybe CB1111 could comment? He seems to know some of the ins and outs of the reporting process... really odd so many GTIs would have VINs from the May/June range that are too new to report.

cb1111

I've seen a ton of comments from recent stalling owners that can't register complaints because the VIN isn't recognized. Maybe CB1111 could comment? He seems to know some of the ins and outs of the reporting process... really odd so many GTIs would have VINs from the May/June range that are too new to report.
If those posters want to PM me their VINs and all of the required info (a short complaint summary, name address etc) then I'll be glad to get the info added. It has to be a US VIN - not Canadian.

As an added note - some browsers don't work well - Firefox and Edge generally work, Chrome sometimes doesn't depending on version.

Try a different browser, if that fails as well, then PM me.

historyteacher

Passed Driver's Ed
If those posters want to PM me their VINs and all of the required info (a short complaint summary, name address etc) then I'll be glad to get the info added. It has to be a US VIN - not Canadian.

As an added note - some browsers don't work well - Firefox and Edge generally work, Chrome sometimes doesn't depending on version.

I would concur with this. I tried and tried on Chrome, but couldn’t get it to work, despite my VIN working when I looked for recalls. I finally just called.

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster

Stop stop, giving me IE 6 nightmares for compatibility when I used to do work at the Forest Service.