GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Canadian Rabbit GTI (vs. 2015 Autobahn)

CBRabbit19

@OP, I've just ordered one of these, in CB, pick it up Wednesday morning! What do you mean by adjustable shocks ? Just the different drive modes or ?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
@OP, I've just ordered one of these, in CB, pick it up Wednesday morning! What do you mean by adjustable shocks ? Just the different drive modes or ?

It's the DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) system that's been available since the Mk6. Tenneco / Monroe supplies the hardware. Here's a tech article about it. It's from the Mk6 but the current system is essentially the same (if not identical):

http://www.my-gti.com/2653/volkswagen-dcc-adaptive-chassis-control-design-and-function

https://www.monroeintelligentsuspension.com/products/cvsae/

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
It's the DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) system that's been available since the Mk6. Tenneco / Monroe supplies the hardware. Here's a tech article about it. It's from the Mk6 but the current system is essentially the same (if not identical):

http://www.my-gti.com/2653/volkswagen-dcc-adaptive-chassis-control-design-and-function

https://www.monroeintelligentsuspension.com/products/cvsae/

Similar. The Mk7’s adjusts each wheel. The older system adjusted each axle.

Sent by raven from Castle Black

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Funny enough I had a lot of soot very early on my US 18 SE. Even took it to the dealer to look at. Was told the mapping changed from earlier models and would get better. Sure enough it stopped shortly thereafter.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
For the trunk lining, did you need any additional tools or parts to install and secure it?

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
If we had waited until 2019 that's what I would have tried to buy. Having said that, my beautiful wife hates Clark cloth (her only flaw) and loves the sunroof . . .

Canada only gets a sunroof on the Autobahn?
Bummer.

Sent by raven from Castle Black

Vorne Au hinten Weh

Passed Driver's Ed
Trunk Liner Install Tools or Parts

For the trunk lining, did you need any additional tools or parts to install and secure it?

The only tool I used was a Torx screwdriver to loosen two of the four plastic corner pieces that hold the adjustable-height trunk floor. A few turns and a little lift to make it easier to slide the carpet under by hand. Then push the plastic piece down again and retighten the screws.
The corner pieces hold the carpet nicely, as does the spare wheel that clamps it down.
Velcro or double-sided carpet tape was not needed.
The styrofoam jack holder needs to come out. it is held by a plastic plug on a steel stud that also affixes the strap holding the top foam piece. The plastic plug can gently be lifted off the stud with two screwdrivers or a thin, split-end trim tool tip. The plug has no thread and can be reused. There is also a small Velcro strip holding the base foam piece, towards the rear seat end of it.
Under the rear seat back, about in the middle, is an electronic component that would be covered by the carpet when it is stuffed under the rear seat bench end. I just cut a piece of carpet out to allow air circulation around the electronic component. The cutout is invisible once the trunk floor piece is back in.
Sorry about the delayed response.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
What do you think of the 7 speed DSG compared to the 6 speed DSG? Some people are saying it shifts slower more like a regular automatic or even CVT.

The only tool I used was a Torx screwdriver to loosen two of the four plastic corner pieces that hold the adjustable-height trunk floor. A few turns and a little lift to make it easier to slide the carpet under by hand. Then push the plastic piece down again and retighten the screws.
The corner pieces hold the carpet nicely, as does the spare wheel that clamps it down.
Velcro or double-sided carpet tape was not needed.
The styrofoam jack holder needs to come out. it is held by a plastic plug on a steel stud that also affixes the strap holding the top foam piece. The plastic plug can gently be lifted off the stud with two screwdrivers or a thin, split-end trim tool tip. The plug has no thread and can be reused. There is also a small Velcro strip holding the base foam piece, towards the rear seat end of it.
Under the rear seat back, about in the middle, is an electronic component that would be covered by the carpet when it is stuffed under the rear seat bench end. I just cut a piece of carpet out to allow air circulation around the electronic component. The cutout is invisible once the trunk floor piece is back in.
Sorry about the delayed response.
No problem! I'm gonna contact the dealer and see how much it costs. How did you find one used? eBay?

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I doubt the trunk liner adds much sound insulation. I've removed mine to add sound insulation between it and the metal floor. It's pretty thin. Probably more decorative than functional. My advice is to buy a roll of mylar-backed 6mm thick adhesive foam insulation from Amazon and line the floor with that first, then top it with the VW liner.