GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R 7.5 TCU Tune

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
ED emailed me that an updated TCU tune has been posted that should take care of the gear display issue.

They are still working on the launch control issue (not holding at 4k for more than <1 second), but he said on their test car it did the same thing with the stock TCU tune loaded so it may be something in the ECU tune taking over or... something.

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
ED emailed me that an updated TCU tune has been posted that should take care of the gear display issue.

They are still working on the launch control issue (not holding at 4k for more than <1 second), but he said on their test car it did the same thing with the stock TCU tune loaded so it may be something in the ECU tune taking over or... something.

I'll flash mine tonight and see if it's fixed. Thanks for the update.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Got this email this morning as a follow-up including a fix for the launch control. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but will post back after I do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you update to the stage 1 TCU software on the server for your car, that will fix the gear indicator.

After that, If you reflash your ECU with the stage 2 ecu software on the server now, and then follow the instructions below to set the launch control RPM to 4000, that will solve your launch control issue.

You only need to set the RPM using the pedals once, it will stay stored after that.

– Engine running.

– Parking brake engaged.

– Selector lever in P.

Pedal adjustment operation:

– Use the accelerator pedal to rev to the desired RPM.

– When desired RPM is reached, tap the brake.

– The MIL will flash twice indicating that the adjustment has been stored.

– Release the accelerator pedal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
I did the reflash on both last night and the issues seem to be resolved. For the launch control, since our cars stop you from free revving just a little before 4k that's the highest you can set the launch point, but once set it's holding now when LC is activated.

Glad they got it resolved. Wish it hadn't taken 3 months to "get their test car back" but it seems all is good to go now.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, mine does the auto upshift as well, but that never really bothered me.

The description on the site says "True manual mode that eliminates unwanted downshifts" but doesn't mention upshifts.

43%burnt

Do most of you just shift before redline (before it automatically shifts) in manual mode or don't bother with shifting period? I'm interested in getting a golf r with dsg (been driving manual cars forever, just want something different) and if its not a true manual mode, that's kinda lame. My friend's amg gla45 will bounce of redline in manual mode. What's the point of manual mode otherwise? I know you can get the previous 6 speed dsg flashed to eliminate that, few options for the 7 speed. ...not planning on just bouncing it off the limiter, but you get what i'm saying.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
Power drops off before redline and peak torque is low enough you're better off shifting before that point if you're going for max acceleration. I can understand the advantage of bouncing off the limiter in some situations (too near the end of a straight to make shifting worth it) but since my car is a daily and not likely to see much if any autox or track time it doesn't really bother me.

I'd welcome the change if someone else wants to email ED about this, but I've been on them enough about the other problems so I feel like leaving them alone for now. :)

Walls

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not saying I need to rev it that high. Befor the dsg tune I've had it shift right as I pull the paddle and it shift up 2 gears. I just want it to shift when I tell it too in manual mode. My gti also has a Eurodyne dsg tune. In manual mode it only shifts when I tell it too. It also says it increased clapping force but inigo was having issue where it was not. I emailed them 2 months ago about some issues. I got a quick reply that they were working on a few problems. But have heard anything back. My D1 D2, S1 S2 is working now.

43%burnt

yes, true manual control is what i'm after. we'll see what happens with the tuning companies for the 7.5 dsg. it should already have the better clamping force, just want the control.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie
I'm not saying I need to rev it that high. Befor the dsg tune I've had it shift right as I pull the paddle and it shift up 2 gears. I just want it to shift when I tell it too in manual mode. My gti also has a Eurodyne dsg tune. In manual mode it only shifts when I tell it too. It also says it increased clapping force but inigo was having issue where it was not. I emailed them 2 months ago about some issues. I got a quick reply that they were working on a few problems. But have heard anything back. My D1 D2, S1 S2 is working now.

To be fair, as far as the "increased clamping force" goes, on the DQ250 that was required for stage 2 torque levels, but it is not a requirement on the DQ381.

I think the main source of the miscommunication is that we are relying on the DQ250 listing for our info because ED doesn't have the DQ381 tune listed separately on their website.