GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
It will be an interesting first race of the season for me (March 25th).

My wife is due with our first child on March 19th! So we will see how that turns out hah!
I suppose there is a small chance we could be watching it in a delivery room!

Going to have this ready regardless...

Last edited:

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

My wife is due with our first child on March 19th! So we will see how that turns out hah!

Congrats on the baby! It's too bad he will be wearing the wrong colors though. Keep it away from anyone named Mercedes, it may get a sudden urge to swerve into it.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Hah thanks, but he's actually going to be a she and there really aren't too many options for infant F1 clothing lol!

I wont lie though, I have been a Vettel fan for quite some time now...
Yes sometimes his moves are questionable and he complains from time to time but I feel like that's how most of the drivers are...except for a few.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I guess we will find out.
It will be interesting to see what the drivers really have to say about it once it is actually implemented and being used not in a practice type scenario.
I never really cared one way or the other but I guess I just don't really understand what they are supposed to protect the driver from...

Colowyo

Passed Driver's Ed
I just read today that they are going to start the races later this season. I like this decision. Maybe I'll get to see a few more races live than on the DVR. Seems better for those of us in the western hemisphere.

But now they are banning grid girls. I just don't see the sense in this. Seems stupid to me.

On a different note. I'm finally getting around to watching the 24 hours of Daytona. I think this is my favorite kind of racing these days. This race has turned in to a 24 hour sprint. It's really impressive to see how these cars are doing after 24 hours of racing. I've done a little (very little) endurance racing. And this is great to watch.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I love the longer events.
I have never been to Daytona but would love to.
I have been to the 12 hrs of Sebring quite a few times though.
I just find it fascinating that they run those cars full out for those lengths of time.
Meanwhile I drive my GTI from work and back like a grandma and get a CEL for no reason lol.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I watch every race live because the lack of a DVR, I'm stoked for the extra sleep! I couldn't care less about the grid girls. FOM are getting with the times and I can understand why.

I went to my first IMSA race last year and Road America and it was the best race experience I've ever had, definitely a fan for life now. This years daytona was a little bit of a bore but still worth the watch, if for nothing else to see those guys at night on the banks.

boostin1004

Ready to race!

where did you get the onesie from? my wife is due in april.

Boost_Junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
Saw an Instagram post that showed the similarities between the 17 Ferrari and the new Haas. Would love to see the Haas boys fighting with Force india

Boost_Junkie

Passed Driver's Ed
I love the longer events.
I have never been to Daytona but would love to.
I have been to the 12 hrs of Sebring quite a few times though.
I just find it fascinating that they run those cars full out for those lengths of time.
Meanwhile I drive my GTI from work and back like a grandma and get a CEL for no reason lol.

#spitcoffeeonmydesk