GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 GTI Digital Dash Problem

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I have an MIB2 with navigation, and the adaptation channels to be able to show maps in the cluster are not there. I need to know what part number MIB2 nav unit will work.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Yes. I followed the coding and adaptation instructions in diys on the forums, but the channels for switching the maps say, Error Not Available. I tried vcds,odis. Im at a loss. Im thinking my mib2 is too old and doesnt support it, but newer ones are expensive.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I have a 3q0035876
Mst2_us_vw_p0504d on 0613

I've looked for software updates with no success

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I saw that, i tried to increment to that one. tried MST2_US_VW_P0635D_MU0757 and the main unit variant is different than mine. I think im out of luck. i appreciate people who write out the DIYs but it seems like there is always very important information missing. like what software supports the map switching

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
not really. most of the time there arent any updates. but an fyi. looking for a mib2 unit on ebay, i stumbled on parts.vw.com. alot of units are for sale for 0.01
i ordered one for shits and giggles. see if it goes through

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I haven't heard of any MIB II with Nav that did not support showing them in the dash (not to say I've heard of everything). Discover Pro can show them in the dash and main screen at the same time, non-Pro only shows it one place at a time, selectable with the soft-button. I know you've done plenty of retrofits but dumb question... did you enter the Security Access code? Been a long time but

I had part number 3Q0 035 876A in my car with AID, switching worked... although I don't think I have the software version recorded anywhere and I no longer have the unit.

These are the changes you're trying to make in 5F correct. Which one(s) are saying not available?

Long Coding:
Byte 22 and uncheck Bit 0 - Instrument Cluster Graphics [STANDARD]:

Adaptations:
Dashboard_Display_Configuration-ability_switch_nav_maps ---> On (enables the toggle switch on the touch screen) This would be set to off for Discover Pro

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-call_picture ---> On

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-fastlist_most ---> On

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_compression_mode ---> H264

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_transmission_mode ---> MOST_streaming

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
The adaptations on my mib2 unit are not available.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I haven't heard of any MIB II with Nav that did not support showing them in the dash (not to say I've heard of everything). Discover Pro can show them in the dash and main screen at the same time, non-Pro only shows it one place at a time, selectable with the soft-button. I know you've done plenty of retrofits but dumb question... did you enter the Security Access code? Been a long time but

I had part number 3Q0 035 876A in my car with AID, switching worked... although I don't think I have the software version recorded anywhere and I no longer have the unit.

These are the changes you're trying to make in 5F correct. Which one(s) are saying not available?

Long Coding:
Byte 22 and uncheck Bit 0 - Instrument Cluster Graphics [STANDARD]:

Adaptations:
Dashboard_Display_Configuration-ability_switch_nav_maps ---> On (enables the toggle switch on the touch screen) This would be set to off for Discover Pro

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-call_picture ---> On

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-fastlist_most ---> On

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_compression_mode ---> H264

Dashboard_Display_Configuration-navigation_map_transmission_mode ---> MOST_streaming
Ya, i tried with and without security code. I tried odis, vcp, vcds, obd11. all list the adaptation as not available. and checking the cluster graphics to 0 sets a control module incorrectly coded dtc

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think I had the "module incorrectly coded" fault on both my retrofitted MIB II units (non-nav and then nav), I could never get them cleared but they didn't impact anything. But not being able to set those adaptations is a show-stopper. Hopefully one of the MIB II gurus around here will see this thread soon.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I skyped the guy who did my acc activation and mib2 activation. He said the software doesnt support. i kind of figured that. thats the only thing that makes sense at this point. ive been screwing with the coding for days with no luck. kinda sucks because thats the only reason i did the digital dash, for the damn maps.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Gotcha, damn... at least those units are down in price... although they seemed to have already hit bottom and are now I see them going back up :cautious: . I did MIB II (non-nav) before the AID retrofits started. Then did AID and thought I wouldn't mind not having maps up there but I did, of course. So I went MIB II with nav. Then decided I wanted to see maps in both places so went Discover Pro... and MIB 2.5 wasn't that much more expensive at the time so did that. I took the longest, most expensive route possible 🤦‍♂️.