GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 Audi A3 Sedan (Warning: Round Vents Inside)

Bandit1

Ready to race!
Initial thought – uninspired

I do like smaller cars as well – so that’s plus. It’s beyond me that manufactures keep increasing the size of all their cars.

Am I the only one that can’t stand the way Audi mounts the mirrors on the door? I’m sure it has some purpose, but I think it looks terrible. I’m guessing it reduces wind noise, but I’d rather have the noise if that is the tradeoff.

I’m hoping the RS3 will be more aggressive – i.e. flared, and hopefully with the 5 door hatch (in the U.S.). I’m sure that’s a longshot, but that’s what I want.

Bandit1

Ready to race!
No manuals in A3 OR S3?

Go to fucking hell you lazy bastards buying automatic cars all around the world. You are ruining the market for the rest of us.

I feel your pain…

Although, I’m now one of the “Bastards” and will probably never go back unless I move. I live in the SF bay area, which has terrible traffic. I would have never considered a traditional automatic, but DSG changed that for me (best of both worlds).

Anyway, I read your post on your new S4 – congratulations. It sounds like it will be a beast. Good luck.

McQueen77

Banned
I dig it. Ive liked all the a4's but the current gen looks like a previous gen accord which is a bummer. I love the old previous gen a4, esp the old 1.8t... That said, its hard to stomach the thought of a sedan pushing 50k which is what these push with options. A fifty thousand dollar 4 banger? Um, no

Im holding out for the GTD and nothing will sway me

WAP

Go Kart Champion
No hatch, no want.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I like it quite a bit... matter of fact... very well may be my next car.

+1... if i can get decent seats, 300hp, the sedan's "maturity" look, and a full warranty (IF I do no real power mods), then a cpo'd one may be in the mix for me.. pending I don't keep the A3 and get a 2nd more dedicated fun car.

I’m hoping the RS3 will be more aggressive – i.e. flared, and hopefully with the 5 door hatch (in the U.S.). I’m sure that’s a longshot, but that’s what I want.

unfortunately, its not looking good for a US RS3, but if they did.. would be quite interesting.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
No manuals in A3 OR S3?

Go to fucking hell you lazy bastards buying automatic cars all around the world. You are ruining the market for the rest of us.

Yeah, I've been hoping for about a year now that the S3 sedan would be my next car (S4 is bigger than i'd like and too much $$, and im not a big hatchback fan), but no manual is a deal-breaker. Damn. Most disappointing thing I've heard in a long time.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2012 Golf R Stg3 APR
Interesting......it does say the Euro models will have a manual option for the A3........oh well.

I'd take a DSG.....if it came in a TDI with Quattro. Since we're making wishes.....LOL

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

you know whats up, homie.

Interesting......it does say the Euro models will have a manual option for the A3........oh well.

I'd take a DSG.....if it came in a TDI with Quattro. Since we're making wishes.....LOL

yeah, and unfortunately, it will probably be the same DSG we have now, as its still 6spd...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Great news! There will be a hatchback per internet rumor!

It will be some type of EV-hybrid variant thou :lol:

oh snap! and even then, probably still wouldn't come to the US... FTL.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
interior fail, particularly the nav screen. I would not be able to live with such awful aesthetic inconsistency.