GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 Audi A3??

JhnR

Banned
I like the sedan its nice :), so a maybe.

C4L

Banned
I like the sedan its nice :), so a maybe.

That's what I am waiting on. With the wife likely getting a cross-over/SUV next time around, I won't need/want a hatchback anymore.

And due to the 8V A3 Sedans size/weight, with the newer motors it will put the A3 2.0T Sedan specs similar (or better) to those of a B5 S4 and the S3 Sedan specs just off the figures for the B5 RS4.:drool:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
2012 GOLF R $34760 $29995
2012 Golf $19035 $15995

IMO this is even crazier! 16k for a GOLF..

that is quite incredible^

who else is hoping on the audi ship in the next couple of years. john, we will be with you soon, and bring some n00dz of nessa as well. Updated n00dz.

:laugh: I will try to purchase additional n00dz at a later date, fo sho.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
haha^ it sure is sexy.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
With the new platform the A3 and gti will be twins. A3 will probably be the sexier pick of course.

C4L

Banned
With the new platform the A3 and gti will be twins. A3 will probably be the sexier pick of course.

The A3 and GTI have always been almost twins. Fraternal twins, not identical.

Drive both and it is hard to see the resemblance, however. I sometimes kick myself for not getting an A3 instead of my MKVI GTI. Oh well...

C4L

Banned
I know this but on the new platform they will be even more similar.

Not really actually. I know the MQB platform only has about 12" behind the front axle and in front of the firewall that is 'fixed'. The rest is variable based on the application. The current PQ35 platform shared between the Golf/A3/TT is nearly identical throughout.

And the motors/transmissions and SOME suspension/brake components will be shared much the same as they are now.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
now i want an s3/rs3 sedan as another option besides the mk7 R.

Bandit1

Ready to race!
I have been busy with work lately and just found this thread. All I can say is - I want an RS3 5 door with DSG VERY badly. I love my 2012 GTI Autobahn DSG, I have a K04 setup waiting to be installed (currently stage II), and this would be the perfect replacement. Especially since I wanted and R, but was disappointed you couldn’t get one with DSG this time around. The only thing that would make it better… would be if it had flares like the current RS4. Please bring it to the US!