GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 GTI Front Bumper out of Place

magreena07

Car(s)
2013 Golf GTI
Just traded in my 4runner for a GTI. Obviously the GTI is super low to the ground and I think backing out of my driveway has messed the front bumper up a tad.
My friend can get it back into place, but I was just wondering if people still "Lift" the VW GTI, or should I try to just get bigger tires if possible?
Ideas?
I dont' want this to be a recurrent issue.
The GTI is so fun to drive & I'm enjoying it, but I want to take care of it!

Lysol88

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Picture of your current ride height reference? You're sure your car is still on original suspension?? You can certainly add a tire with more side-wall or lift the car but both options will likely change the driving dynamics. It really depends on what your priority. Is taking your driveway at an angle an option?

magreena07

Car(s)
2013 Golf GTI
I’m working so I can’t take any better pics but this is what I’m working with. I feel like I’ve been driving up at an angle and backing out at an angle. Driveway isn’t steep, curb doesn’t seem steel. But yeah.

Attachments

• 68E03BC5-27D2-43EA-BD47-5A5EAA1DE968.jpeg
    68E03BC5-27D2-43EA-BD47-5A5EAA1DE968.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • 2380A50D-1D20-4EAD-964E-55C046726DE3.jpeg
    2380A50D-1D20-4EAD-964E-55C046726DE3.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 45

Lysol88

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ouch, yeah no bueno. Your car looks like it was lowered by the previous owner from those pics (a bit hard to tell), but that would be a contributor. Assuming it's really it lowered, going back to stock ride height is another option (may actually improve ride quality and handling depending on what's on there now).

Lysol88

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
A quick start would be to compare your ride height to some stock Mk6 GTI pics (Example). Is your car lower than that?

Again, this is just setting a reference point (i.e. is your car modified?). If ride height is really a concern, I would recommend finding a good independent shop in your area to put your car on a lift and take a closer look at what is actually on your car (impossible to tell online without detailed pictures). A good shop should also be able to recommend a good path forward: for example, if your car really is lowered w/ aftermarket springs, they might suggest just going back to the standard VW GTI springs (assuming that clearing your driveway is your main goal).

If you're going to spend money on this issue, make it count! Hopefully that helps. The Mk6 Suspension Forums may be another good resource.