GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2011 wrx

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI
Thanks for all the replies guys. I'll probably be looking at getting one by the end of summer.

Vermilion

Ready to race!
Car(s)
05 STi
the sound they make is amazing

Yep, loved the sound my STi made when it was straight pipe with the crawford axleback. Right now its got all stock exhaust on and just the crawford, not nearly as loud but, more livable.

TDI110

O_o
I've always been a fan WRX, sadly when I was buying I was poor and needed a diesel due to the amount of km I am making. Now though, I would buy one as a weekend rocket, but I got my heart set on the R or A5 TDI

funkyhunky

Passed Driver's Ed
I think I can chime in here.
I have an 09 wrx(stage2) and I just bought the wife a MY11 dsg gti.
IMO the gti is "better" in only a few ways, and even they are questionable.
The gti has a nicer looking and feeling interior and the stereo sounds much better, but the wrx has easier to use controls and I find the seats in the wrx to be more comfortable.
The gti has better fuel economy but this is mainly due to the granny forced dsg gear shifts. I bet if you drive it hardish the gti isn't that much better on gas...
I have 45,000+ km on the wrx and the car has had no problems that required a dealer visit. For less than 2 grand I upgraded the downpipe, exhaust, intercooler, bypass valve, tune, bushings and swaybars.
Dan

funkyhunky

Passed Driver's Ed
The downpipe and tmic were used.....
Subies have a great community and used parts are easy to come by especially if you live in the states. We get raped up here in Canada for the most part even though our dollar is better these days.
Check out http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/
dan

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
Bottom line WRX's are great cars fun to drive and the new ones look awesome "sti".

But even if the interior had calf skin leather and diamond studded oh shit bars I'd still rock my GTI.

xXANCHORMONXx

Banned
Car(s)
2003 EVO GSR
If your gonna go buy a subbie get an STI, the wrx is cool but your gonna dump a few grand to make it as fast as a stock sti.
I have a buddy with a 2010 sti and another with 2011 wrx. They both love it.

I'm in between getting the STI next year or R
With similar mods on the stock turbos a stage 2+ R will be the same as an equivalent Stage 2+ STI

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
With similar mods on the stock turbos a stage 2+ R will be the same as an equivalent Stage 2+ STI

You really think so? any facts to back that up?

Shockwave1

Passed Driver's Ed
If your gonna go buy a subbie get an STI, the wrx is cool but your gonna dump a few grand to make it as fast as a stock sti.
I have a buddy with a 2010 sti and another with 2011 wrx. They both love it.

I'm in between getting the STI next year or R

The stock 2011 WRX is actually quicker than a 2011 STI. What your getting with the STI is a better suspension, and a much stronger transmission with the 6mt.

OP, the WRX is an awesome car. With it you will gain a AWD and power, but give up ride, comfort, and fuel economy. I just purchased my first GTI after my LegacyGT was totalled. I miss my Subaru, but I love this GTI for the reasons I listed above.

nekkehd

Ready to race!
i was going to buy one of these over the gti but the damn subaru dealerships didn't have any of these in when i was looking for cars.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The stock 2011 WRX is actually quicker than a 2011 STI. What your getting with the STI is a better suspension, and a much stronger transmission with the 6mt.

OP, the WRX is an awesome car. With it you will gain a AWD and power, but give up ride, comfort, and fuel economy. I just purchased my first GTI after my LegacyGT was totalled. I miss my Subaru, but I love this GTI for the reasons I listed above.

very true. Agreed on missing Subaru, but not many of the things that the GTI brings to the table.

i was going to buy one of these over the gti but the damn subaru dealerships didn't have any of these in when i was looking for cars.

You should have waited then ;)

Shockwave1

Passed Driver's Ed

I was in the same situation a month ago, the GTI was actually my second choice. No regrets though, at least not until winter.

20CSGMKVI10

Passed Driver's Ed
Same here, was waiting for the 2011 pricing but needed a car. No regrets except during last years snowstorm lol