GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 m3 picture

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Kirium said:
The right to remain silent is always the best policy...

I'm not sold on the proportions of the 3 series coupe, the door seems so short and the rear flank kinda looks like it could go on forever..

The rear end treatment looks quite Japanese too. Like the S15 Silvia (200SX). The single pipes on each side are a bit too Lexus for my liking... I always liked the old BMW twin tips on the left.
I don't know if that fussy rear bumper in that M3 pshop is representative of the actual production will be like too...

well i dunno what everyone else's opinion is on this, but i think that bmw is just getting too boring for my taste. they used to have very agressive designs, my favorites were in the 80's and early 90's. i know most people think they looked like shit, but i'd take the old M6 635CSi...that was an agressive car, when you drove by in that, people would do a double take. compared to the new designs out there now, the old bimmers blow em away.

don't get me wrong, their performance is second to none, and will always be...but raw speed isnt everything to me. one of the reasons why i want a MkV so badly, it has character and is damn fun to drive on the country roads.:headbang:

Thom

Ready to race!
M3 better be worried

Ferrari is coming out with a M3 killer next month! Of course it will cost a lot more, but it will definitely leave the M3 in the dust. It make about as much sense to compare a GTI to a M3 as it does a M3 to a Ferrari!

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Thom said:
Ferrari is coming out with a M3 killer next month! Of course it will cost a lot more, but it will definitely leave the M3 in the dust. It make about as much sense to compare a GTI to a M3 as it does a M3 to a Ferrari!
That's good!
P.S. Personally, I think the style of the M3 is heading the wrong direction.

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
rica_roel said:
No way the rear is it going to be like that, it has to be as the new 3 series now.

Unfortunately the photos later in the thread are official press pics from BMW, they're the real deal. The M3 pics are photoshop, but are likely not too far off.

As for the original statement/question of this thread: Apples and oranges in every category...price, performance, luxury, etc.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
UNCbigM said:
Unfortunately the photos later in the thread are official press pics from BMW, they're the real deal. The M3 pics are photoshop, but are likely not too far off.

As for the original statement/question of this thread: Apples and oranges in every category...price, performance, luxury, etc.

ugh...the Top Gear web site confirmed it for me...that is going to be the new 3 coupe...:barf:

...go pack :headbang:

tofu

Ready to race!
newtogolf said:
should the GTI and R32 be worried?

GTI has nothing to worry about cuz the new M3 will slaughter the GTI in every way

they aren't in the same class anyways, shouldn't be compared together.