GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0TFSI DSG Metallic Rustle/Rattle between 1500-3000 rpm

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
There is a "clip" they can fit that's supposed to resolve this but it doesn't. Bit rubbish, frankly.

WolfgangMK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I am just wondering. Does anybody else get the metallic rustle sound with load on their cars?For me, it happens only when the car is in gear (mine is dsg) and under load between 1500-3000 rpm. I tried recording the sound, but the mic did not pick up the sound I am referring to.

Many A3 owners are having the same issue. Take a look at this thread.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...c-rustle-rattle-between-1500-3000-rpm.214068/

thank you

Mine started doing it at 2,000 rpm when decelerating /downshifting but has started doing it while accelerating. Noise vibration from tranny mount ?I wonder if 034 Motorsports insert would help?

ChrisAdam

Hello guys
I am experiencing the same rattle on my Golf mk7 1.4 TSI
It`s driving me crazy!
Almost 2017 and no fix yet????

bigdave79

Ready to race!
I have the same high pitched rattle on acceleration. Bought mine a month ago and have been contemplating taking it back to the dealer. Glad I found this thread. I thought it was just mine.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
They will never fix this. Like a few other things they don't actually give a crap about the noises a car makes.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
Thats sad, but true took mine in twice for that reason and they could never duplicate it. Even after installing the DP its still on, maybe not as loud, but there.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
There is a tech bulletin for it. VW are well aware. There is an "uprated clip" that doesn't fix it either. It's the usual story. "Well you still bought it, so screw you."

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
It still applies to all TSi. At least that's what my dealer told me.

amsr

Ready to race!
Was there anyone who actually got this fixed? After a year of ownership my 2017 GTI SE is doing this. Its kind of annoying. I'd rather listen to the engine revving.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
I didn't. VW are not interested.

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG