GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1st March 2014 probability?!

Marchell

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone
I ordered my GTD (standard spec) on 28th September 2013. My dealer informs me my provisional build week is 5/14 which I think I'm right in saying is w/c 27th January 2014. The well documented highly unreliable VW tracker as expected still shows as "with the factory" and hasn't moved from this since 30th September 2013. I'm hoping it will move along to the next steps in the next couple of weeks.
May I ask, what do you feel the chances are based on the above of me sitting in my new car on 1st March 2014? It's my understanding that my dealer Inchcape deliver new cars to home addresses. Is this something that is likely to be done on Saturdays or not?!
I'd really appreciate your opinions on my delivery date, assuming of course that my build week does not change.
Thank you so much in advance.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hello everyone
I ordered my GTD (standard spec) on 28th September 2013. My dealer informs me my provisional build week is 5/14 which I think I'm right in saying is w/c 27th January 2014. The well documented highly unreliable VW tracker as expected still shows as "with the factory" and hasn't moved from this since 30th September 2013. I'm hoping it will move along to the next steps in the next couple of weeks.
May I ask, what do you feel the chances are based on the above of me sitting in my new car on 1st March 2014? It's my understanding that my dealer Inchcape deliver new cars to home addresses. Is this something that is likely to be done on Saturdays or not?!
I'd really appreciate your opinions on my delivery date, assuming of course that my build week does not change.
Thank you so much in advance.

I'd be surprised if you didn't get the vehicle by March 14
That's nearly 6 months, the screen will sit with the factory for a while, once in build, then it's 4 weeks roughly to the dealership, so no need for concern yet, remember there are lots of orders from around Europe.
Although the car can be delivered, check to see whether it is driven or on a transporter, if driven they have a waiver for stone chips, depending on where the dealership is, could be worth just collecting yourself, I picked mine up from over 100 miles away, but I certainly enjoyed the drive back home.

JCJ

Ready to race!
I ordered my GT end of October. It was built 2 weeks ago and shipped to Uk last week. Currently stored at UK port ready to move to dealer mid Feb for 1st March 2014. Once built cars seem to shift to UK quickly. It should be with you in March.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I ordered GTD on 16th Nov. I have a provisional BW7. Other people have suggested tweeting VW UK asking for current status. Worth a try?