GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19" wheels...would you do it again?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Had 20" on my old e92 335i and even after dumping the ru-flats for proper tyres I will never go that lower a profile again. For the GTI I went for18's and so glad I did.

thx138

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got 19s on my 17 Autobahn and keep the dcc is sport mode when I'm alone but with either the wife for kid in the car I change it to normal.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
19s on mine lowered with vwr springs. Ride is noticeably worse than stock. I'll probably buy some 18s down the road. They look great but idk if it's a good trade off for ride quality

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
I kept my 19" Pretoria stockers for all of 4 weeks. Dumped them for Neuspeed 17" with a 45 series tire. Much improved ride, less expensive tires. Suits me perfectly.

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
I upgraded to 19” Cadiz on my gti. They looked great but there was a huge difference in ride quality over 18’s. Rougher and louder and I felt that acceleration decreased. I’m now running lightweight vmr 18’s with 235 tires and I am very satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyperlite

Go Kart Newbie
Loving all the feedback. Seems to be a personal decision, and I think what I’ve settled on for myself is sticking with an 18” setup. I do think 19’s look good, but not so much better than 18’s to justify the additional cost and ride degradation. Thanks again gents.