GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

19" Cadiz w/ stock Summers - Should I do it?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Just this week I scooped a set of Serrons, the 18" OEM cast wheels that came with the MK6 GTI Autobahn, with Kumho A/S tires. I'm averse to lowering my car (mostly out of sheer lack of trust in myself, I'm too afraid of cracking my bumper on a curb or a parking block), so I've wanted to go with bigger wheels and tires to fill the well. I really like the look of the Serron's on my NB Mk7, esp since I got the ECS flush kit.

But I also found a guy selling his Cadiz with 3K miles on them and the OEM summers + wheel totes for only 950, which is a steal to me (his car was totaled, so he just wants the crap out of his garage). Does anyone know how much more the Cadiz weigh than the average 18" OEM VW cast wheel?

It seems like they (the 18's) all weigh 24-25 lbs. Are the Cadiz much worse than that? I've heard they're like, ~partially~ forged or flow formed or something weird like that?

Idk man I'm just looking for some input. I could use the Cadiz as my summers, and the Serrons as winters (the Serron's are far from perfect, with 83K miles on them and the accompanying expected wear and tear, whereas the Cadiz are essentailly brand new and in perfect condition).

Note that I think the Cadiz look good, unlike many around here. Tho I'll prolly black out the middle portion of each spoke.