GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

18 S or 19 S

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Would you get a 18 S with $4000 discount now or get a 2019? The 2019's have the Performance Pack but they don't discount them. Also the 18's have a low APR %.

Thank you.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'd get the 18 and save the money for mods.

barf

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
I'd consider a 18 SE instead of the 19 S. I got to have that PP...

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
But the 18's don't have the Performance pack.

Everyone has different priorities, but for the kind of driving I knew I was going to be doing, the PP didn’t make a difference to me.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Wait for a month and get the discounted 2019. Last year, i was offered big discounts on 2018s within a month of dealers getting them on their lots.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
19 because it has performance brakes and VAQ differential (and 8 more horsepower, for what it's worth). However, for $1400 more, you might as well get a Rabbit with the LED headlights, keyless entry/ignition, and access to unique colors.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
19 because it has performance brakes and VAQ differential (and 8 more horsepower, for what it's worth). However, for $1400 more, you might as well get a Rabbit with the LED headlights, keyless entry/ignition, and access to unique colors.

Price difference between S and Rabbit should be a lot more than $1400 assuming the fact that Rabbits might not be heavily discounted like other trims.