GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

13 Years Later...

3ics

Ready to race!
For the past 13 years, I have always wanted a GTI. I always made an excuse and bought something "practical" and cars more known to be reliable than the fun associated with a GTI. I started with a Hondas, then Jeeps, then back to VWs. To compensate for the reliable daily drivers, I had a few old BMW e30s over the years.

Last week I decided it was time to sell my 3 series and was having seller's remorse with the thought of nothing "fun" in the driveway anymore. After I sold the BMW yesterday morning, I went straight to the VW dealer and was able to walk out with a 2011 GTI! More equipment than I wanted, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

She is deep black with sunroof and navigation and I'm still in shock I actually have one after all these years! I will post some pics soon, but everyone knows what they look like! I am a bit overwhelmed with all the options!

Here is a pic of my old BMW:

booey1979

Go Kart Champion
Whoa that Beemer is clean. Lol dude I'm in the same boat. I'm gti obsessed for the past 2 yrs lol

Post some pics of your baby

Larry70454

Ready to race!
I was in the same boat, I finally bought a GTI and I've had problems since day 1. I should have listened to my inner voice, "It's a Volkswagen, it will have problems."

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
Congrats, I wanted on for about 7 years and finally got mine a few months ago. Welcome.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
That e30 is cleaaaan man.

flyguy27

Ready to race!
Thats IS a clean bmw. Welcome to the GTI world.

3ics

Ready to race!
Here she is!

That e30 is cleaaaan man.

Thats IS a clean bmw. Welcome to the GTI world.

Thanks - It was really hard to make the decision to sell it and I will admit I had to fight back the tears as I drove away - lol. But I was all grins last night in my GTI :D

Here is one more - Mechanically she was good, if I kept her I would have added eurobumpers and other small details. The good part is I still have another e30 that will be completed by spring hopefully.

Last edited:

dohc97

Ready to race!
I am in the same boat as you are. I've wanted to buy a VW since 93. I was then looking at a Corrado with a VR6. I just couldn't afford one then. I just got a 2012 GTI late yesterday afternoon. Here are the very first pics I've taken of the car earlier today.

Here's my BMW 540 that I don't know what to do. It is a 2003 model with only 34,000 miles in it.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Should have kept the e30. Such a classy car.

beppy

i had an e46 325ci coupe.
then e90 sedan with sport and premium package, which i love

just purchased a 2010 gti picking up next thursday need to sell my e90 sedan which i love. Going to be sad to let her go.

hopefully the gti will treat me well. It will have big shoes to fill.

3ics

Ready to race!
Should have kept the e30. Such a classy car.

Congrats man, such a clean e30 though

The e30 was a blast and really a good car to me... I have a e30 convertible which will be receiving a make-over in the next few months; suspension, manual transmission swap and euro bumpers.

Beppy - There is something to be said about how a BMW drives and I think the e46 and e90 models are great cars. I'm a little worried about BMWs direction in the future, but the new F30 will be interesting to see how it will do with the enthusiasts.

dohc97 - Looks good and congrats! You need to keep the 540! That looks clean! It's funny, the Corrado VR6 was the car I wanted in high school!

durhamgti

Passed Driver's Ed
dohc97, keep the BMW for a 'fun' car, with that low kms you will regret selling it. I just sold my 2006 E46 325ci coupe recently with 32,000 kms and know it can never be replaced, something about RWD.