GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4TSI SE DSG tunsgten Silver ordered

rakeshka

Ready to race!
even the VW customer services said they would be happy to answer status questions anytime customer wanted to know.. So either Retailer or Customer service.

Rob : have you dealt with VW Customer service ? what has your experience been ? thx

DW58

Go Kart Champion
No, I'm lucky that my salesman has always been most accommodating so I've never had to, but hopefully someone else can advise.

rakeshka

Ready to race!
checked the tracker and today it shows Build week confirmed as 27/1/2014. so looks like they have sorted the tracker status for now

rakeshka

Ready to race!
in the build week now.. But not sure which exact day will the car be built.. Does anyone know how quickly is the tracker updated to reflect the car being built ?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Probably not until next week. Mine wasn't updated until about the Wednesday following the build week by which time the car was already at Emden. The only way you'll get the actual build dates is with access to the dealer's tracker screen.

The top right hand portion of the screen shows the relevant dates, the "Checkpoint 8" date is production completed, and "Port of exit" is arrived at Emden. From that and the "Date shipped" you can then see how long the car sat on the quayside, i.e. only 10 days in this case, although three weeks is not unkonwn.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
It's difficult - we all suffer the same disease pre-delivery ;)

rakeshka

Ready to race!
Hurrah !!! the tracker has changed to "In Transit" .. Skipped the "build in progress". Checked with VW Support and they confirmed that the car has left for Emden.. and will be 2-3 weeks from now till it wiil be in UK.. Cant wait to get my hands on it in March

rakeshka

Ready to race!
The Tracker "In Transit" status used to say this before "Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK. On average it takes 4 Weeks from build for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer"

Today it is saying "Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK. On average it takes 10 days from build for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer"

So instead of 4 Weeks it is saying 10 DAYS !!! is this correct ? has anyone seen this type of "In Transit " status..

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
No it its not - its the stupid wording that VW use on this site (along with such howlers as Upholstery: Titan Black where they really mean interior trim colour).

What the wording should say is:

"Your car is in the final stage of its journey to the UK. On average it will take 10 days for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer"

rakeshka

Ready to race!
ok thanks.. will wait for the dealer to confirm that the car is in UK. he said i need to do paperwork once they have the delivery dates confirmed

rakeshka

Ready to race!
went to dealer today to discuss part exchange and was very pleasantly surprised to be shown my golf sitting in the dealers courtyard. They confirmed that the car arrived at the dealer on Thursday (6 feb) and it already has been allocated the 14 registration plate. they said I can take it next week if I want but then they would have to give a 63 plate. am happy to wait for 1st week march (3 march) to pick up my car with a 14 plate !!! spent 30 minutes checking different things and was very excited to be able to check few things like reverse camera, gear paddles, folding mirror etc. 5 Miles on the speedo and paint looks neat. no scratch on body or the alloys. car will be PDI next week. It came with an iphone4 connector but dealer already gave me an iPhone 5 one free of cost.. happy happy bunny today