GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4 TSI 140HP - Engine Oil Liters

milesjazz

Guys,

I had already gone through the second engine oil change in my Golf 1.4 TSI 140 HP.

My question is related to the amount of engine oil necessary. At the 1st and now at the 2nd change, VW dealers said to be 4 lts necessary, however the dipstick always is between the middle to the bottom.

I more than quickly ran into my owner manual, and for my surprise, there's nothing related to the amount of oil, just the specs for VW 502.00.

Anyone here has the specific amount at yours? The question in my head is, should it be 4.5lts? because when I top of after the 1st change, it accepted 0.5 lts to achieve the top mark at the dipstick.

Thanks..

L.M.F.

I can't remember how many litres of oil is the engine takes but my friend who's a mechanic told me it is better to fill the oil between the middle to the bottom mark of the dipstick

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Guys,

I had already gone through the second engine oil change in my Golf 1.4 TSI 140 HP.

My question is related to the amount of engine oil necessary. At the 1st and now at the 2nd change, VW dealers said to be 4 lts necessary, however the dipstick always is between the middle to the bottom.

I more than quickly ran into my owner manual, and for my surprise, there's nothing related to the amount of oil, just the specs for VW 502.00.

Anyone here has the specific amount at yours? The question in my head is, should it be 4.5lts? because when I top of after the 1st change, it accepted 0.5 lts to achieve the top mark at the dipstick.

Thanks..

Last change i did on our 1,4 TSI 122hp I filled 4,3 - 4,5 l, including change of filter. I topped to max level.

/Peter

milesjazz

thanks for the replies.. anyone has the exact amount stated somewhere on yours owners' manual? seems weird to me not having this clear stated. all my previous car I had this tech information handy.

Bill_Huang

Hi there,

I've got oil change service this month. I asked technician, but he didn't answer me with any figure about oil capacity clearly.
He filled 4 bottles of oil(which mean 4 L), started engine and idle for 30~50 sec. , stop engine, then checked oil gauge: Oil level just in the middle.
(This is his way, I'm not sure engine reach temperature, which owner's manual mentioned.)
Finally he added 0.4 liters in engine, topped to max level.

So I think the oil capacity (w/ filter change) of 1.4 TSI 140 ps (w/ o ACT) is 4.4 L also.

Last edited: