GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

034 subframe bushings

larcic

Ready to race!
not the inserts. the high durometer rubber bushings that replace the oem ones. does anyone else have these? I have some questions for people that do.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Might want to post a pic or link for them to clarify which you ask of...because I think you are asking about the lower tranny mount inserts.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
not the inserts. the high durometer rubber bushings that replace the oem ones. does anyone else have these? I have some questions for people that do.

I run the full 034 set of mounts engine, trans, dogbones. They come in 2 flavors of higher durometer bushings. Street 60% stiffer than stock and Track 80% stiffer than stock.

I have had them for a few years. Based on what others said about Track vs Street I chose Street density. My car does go to the track and these have held up great and provide only a small amount (over stock) of increased noise/vibration to the cabin.

larcic

Ready to race!
https://store.034motorsport.com/dogbone-mount-pair-density-line-mk5-mk6-volkswagen-8j-8p-audi.html

I'm talking about those in specific. I have the full set of density as well all 5 mounts. but when I installed those I cant say the same as you. I got lots of noises added to the cabin. huge amounts of vibration at really low rpms. fine once the car speeds up. and a transmission whine that wasn't there before sounds kind of like a dogbox at certain gears/rpms. I'm thinking of taking them out (just the dogbone) and just putting a stage 1 insert with stock. also thinking about reseating all my mounts. I love the feel they give on the track but the cabin noise is ridiculous for a daily

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
https://store.034motorsport.com/dogbone-mount-pair-density-line-mk5-mk6-volkswagen-8j-8p-audi.html

I'm talking about those in specific. I have the full set of density as well all 5 mounts. but when I installed those I cant say the same as you. I got lots of noises added to the cabin. huge amounts of vibration at really low rpms. fine once the car speeds up. and a transmission whine that wasn't there before sounds kind of like a dogbox at certain gears/rpms. I'm thinking of taking them out (just the dogbone) and just putting a stage 1 insert with stock. also thinking about reseating all my mounts. I love the feel they give on the track but the cabin noise is ridiculous for a daily

That's is completely normal for the full pucks. The vibration and whine comes with the fact you have solid bushings in the subframe now. A lot of noise gets transfered through them. That's a pretty aggressive setup for a street car, I run them on my racecar lol.

larcic

Ready to race!

larcic

Ready to race!
That's is completely normal for the full pucks. The vibration and whine comes with the fact you have solid bushings in the subframe now. A lot of noise gets transfered through them. That's a pretty aggressive setup for a street car, I run them on my racecar lol.

I know it is, just kinda throws me off when people say they barely got any noise increase....they feel so good when driving fast. but people ask me if theres something wrong with my car when they get in....thanks for your reply it calms my nerves a bit.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR

I have those in street density version. The vibration was pronounced when new and I almost pulled them. However that vibration diminished slowly over time. By time I mean a year or so. The annoying vibration came when you were idling at a stop but disappeared as soon as you were in motiion. Today there is no pronounced cabin vibration, so they do eventually work in. For the first 6 months or so I was putting the car in neutral at a stop is was so annoying. Its fine now.

If you have the track version, good luck, that may be too much for the street which is why they call it track version.

larcic

Ready to race!
they are the density and its been like 6 or 7 months. the vibration doesnt bother me as much as the faint whine i can hear in certain gears and certain rpms and i have found several people that say its normal. i have 6mt so i can avoid the vibrations if i focus on what rpms im using. i found lots of car forums saying that stiff mounts can make whine audible. because they transfer noise to the cabin. and das apperantly has also experienced this. I've even seen a post in this forum about whine with just a stage 2 insert as well.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
they are the density and its been like 6 or 7 months. the vibration doesnt bother me as much as the faint whine i can hear in certain gears and certain rpms and i have found several people that say its normal. i have 6mt so i can avoid the vibrations if i focus on what rpms im using. i found lots of car forums saying that stiff mounts can make whine audible. because they transfer noise to the cabin. and das apperantly has also experienced this. I've even seen a post in this forum about whine with just a stage 2 insert as well.

Absolutely, the factory goes to great lengths in selecting all bushings and mount materials to minimize cabin noise and vibration while not giving up all the performance characteristics. Once we start replacing those with stiffer parts you begin to hear/feel all those noises/vibrations the factory sought to isolate.

I have replaced all my mounts as mentioned and I have replaced all my suspension bushings with Whiteline poly components. I run stiffer suspension with larger sways etc. For me performance is more important than the extra noise and vibration. I have done this with all my cars and new noises and vibrations are just part of what happens when you start making these mods.

larcic

Ready to race!
Absolutely, the factory goes to great lengths in selecting all bushings and mount materials to minimize cabin noise and vibration while not giving up all the performance characteristics. Once we start replacing those with stiffer parts you begin to hear/feel all those noises/vibrations the factory sought to isolate.

I have replaced all my mounts as mentioned and I have replaced all my suspension bushings with Whiteline poly components. I run stiffer suspension with larger sways etc. For me performance is more important than the extra noise and vibration. I have done this with all my cars and new noises and vibrations are just part of what happens when you start making these mods.

I understand and at this point i'm not really complaining I had just spent months trying to find the source of a noise that was just due to mounts so i was trying to see if anyone else experienced this with these specific mounts. because most posts i've found were from forums for other cars.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I understand and at this point i'm not really complaining I had just spent months trying to find the source of a noise that was just due to mounts so i was trying to see if anyone else experienced this with these specific mounts. because most posts i've found were from forums for other cars.

Got it.
I am surprised that you find the cabin noise "ridiculous for a daily". Those are street density and the only time I noticed mine was when the car was at a stop and in D (and it was loud enough to annoy me). Other than that I never felt or heard anything much different. Could be that you have another issue?

larcic

Ready to race!
https://youtu.be/6AMmQbgezBo

https://youtu.be/DIGFt4b_3Xg

that is what i hear, its a whine. its not a leak i have a gauge and its not the turbo because it happens only at certain gears in certain rpms and i dont need to be in boost. in this video im accelerating very slowly and the car is at like 15 vacuum, i actually cant hear it in boost. it is also not intake harmonics because i even took the filter out and still hear it and again not throttle dependent just rpm/gear dependent. it started to happen after the mounts were installed. i cannot find the source of this noise. the transmission works perfectly. and the only thing i can find by searching online is that the mounts are transferring that noise to the cabin and that it was always there. doubt its a chipped gear too because it happens on 2nd 5th and 6th so i doubt all 3 are chipped. the noise doesnt change when I'm turning so its not wheel related. also not speed related because if i change to 3rd at the same speed the noise is gone.

larcic

Ready to race!
kind of sounds like someone whistling and it increases in frquency as the rpms rise

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
https://youtu.be/6AMmQbgezBo

https://youtu.be/DIGFt4b_3Xg

that is what i hear, its a whine. its not a leak i have a gauge and its not the turbo because it happens only at certain gears in certain rpms and i dont need to be in boost. in this video im accelerating very slowly and the car is at like 15 vacuum, i actually cant hear it in boost. it is also not intake harmonics because i even took the filter out and still hear it and again not throttle dependent just rpm/gear dependent. it started to happen after the mounts were installed. i cannot find the source of this noise. the transmission works perfectly. and the only thing i can find by searching online is that the mounts are transferring that noise to the cabin and that it was always there. doubt its a chipped gear too because it happens on 2nd 5th and 6th so i doubt all 3 are chipped. the noise doesnt change when I'm turning so its not wheel related. also not speed related because if i change to 3rd at the same speed the noise is gone.

Does the car have to be in motion for this to occur?
I think you are saying that it seems to occur at a certain engine rpm speed?
And just to confirm, no error codes are listed and the car runs fine?