GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

► Official APEX VW SM-10 Flow Formed Wheel Thread

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Shucks. I noticed it immediately when backing the car out of the garage too. Loud as fuck.
Yikes. I would pull back in that garage. Sounds like something is self clearancing itself. Did you use factory length lugs? Maybe were running spacers prior and accidentally used too long of lug bolts? They would hit the brake dust shieds.

trashb0y

Ready to race!
for those that already mounted their wheels, did you just reuse the lugnuts that came with your oem wheels?

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion
Alright gents, at this point a majority of the Group Buy orders have been shipped out and it seems quite a few of you have already gotten your new wheels mounted up.

Let's see those pictures and fitment info roll in! Since we were only able to initially fitment-test a couple of wheel/tire combos, our current MK7 fitment guide is quite lackluster at the moment. I am counting on you guys to collect fitment data for different wheel/tire/suspension setups to help bolster our guides. If you have a chance, please post any pictures and fitment info for your vehicle in our gallery thread located here: APEX Official MK7 Gallery Thread

Also, I would love to hear any first impressions from those of you who have been able to get out on track with your new wheels. Especially anything on how they compare to your previous aftermarket/stock track wheels!

-Geirsen

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Alright gents, at this point a majority of the Group Buy orders have been shipped out and it seems quite a few of you have already gotten your new wheels mounted up.

Let's see those pictures and fitment info roll in! Since we were only able to initially fitment-test a couple of wheel/tire combos, our current MK7 fitment guide is quite lackluster at the moment. I am counting on you guys to collect fitment data for different wheel/tire/suspension setups to help bolster our guides. If you have a chance, please post any pictures and fitment info for your vehicle in our gallery thread located here: APEX Official MK7 Gallery Thread

Also, I would love to hear any first impressions from those of you who have been able to get out on track with your new wheels. Especially anything on how they compare to your previous aftermarket/stock track wheels!

-Geirsen
Any ETA on the fuel filler neck relocation guide?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I think it's already been published

APEXWheels

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4-Motion

One of our other APEX employees has a track-prepped GTI and just got his new 17x9" ET42 wheels mounted with 255/40-17 tires. Once he gets them on the car, we will document clearances and if the rear is too tight with the fuel-filler hose, we will use that as an opportunity to document a full DIY guide on the modification.

With that said, and from the info I have seen with the 17x9" ET42 so far, it looks like even with 255/40-17 track tires rear fuel filler hose clearance shouldn't be an issue. The relocation mod will likely only be required for non-R owners running a 18x9" ET42 with a 265/35-18 tire at all four corners.

-Geirsen

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
One of our other APEX employees has a track-prepped GTI and just got his new 17x9" ET42 wheels mounted with 255/40-17 tires. Once he gets them on the car, we will document clearances and if the rear is too tight with the fuel-filler hose, we will use that as an opportunity to document a full DIY guide on the modification.

With that said, and from the info I have seen with the 17x9" ET42 so far, it looks like even with 255/40-17 track tires rear fuel filler hose clearance shouldn't be an issue. The relocation mod will likely only be required for non-R owners running a 18x9" ET42 with a 265/35-18 tire at all four corners.

-Geirsen
Sounds good, thanks for the update. I'm planning to get a set of the SM10's in 17x8.5 to use year-round with 255/40 summer tires and 235/45 or 245/45 winter tires. I was a bit concerned about the fitment on the taller size tires but it sounds like it won't be an issue