GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

“Nice GTI”..........It’s an R!!!!!!!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Any production car?

The MK7 has the nicest interior in its class, and it’s definitely batting above its weight but it’s in no way even close to the best of any production car

Damnit, I forgot to write "in its class" (although I think even under $50k you'd be hard pressed to find one as nice in terms of looks and layout at least).

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
Damnit, I forgot to write "in its class" (although I think even under $50k you'd be hard pressed to find one as nice in terms of looks and layout at least).

My wife has an A4, leather is nicer, ambient lighting is better, fit and finish is a notch above my R, carpet is more plush, tech is better etc.

Not shitting on the MK7, the interior is on par with luxury cars from not long ago. It’s nicer than my old G37S

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
My wife has an A4, leather is nicer, ambient lighting is better, fit and finish is a notch above my R, carpet is more plush, tech is better etc.

Not shitting on the MK7, the interior is on par with luxury cars from not long ago. It’s nicer than my old G37S

Fair enough, I just don't like how complicated newer car interiors look. I especially don't like the tablet mounted to the top of the dash that seems to be popular. That's my complaint with thr Mk8 as well.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Fair enough, I just don't like how complicated newer car interiors look. I especially don't like the tablet mounted to the top of the dash that seems to be popular. That's my complaint with thr Mk8 as well.
How about 2 of them?

1615598316831.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT

100% agree

my guess is it’s easy to replace the dash mounted table when it inevitably craps out.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I don't dislike the tablet, as long as it isn't higher than the dash. Honestly, it's one of the features I think the MK8 got semi-right. The tablet isn't really higher than the dash, and somewhat inset.

vw_golf_gti_53.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
I feel like the interior of the MK7 is one of the best you can get in almost any production car. I think it's very handsome, well laid out and nice quality. One of the things I hate about the MK8 is that the interior looks significantly worse. I think they got it just right for the MK7.

Have you seen the mk6? I feel in many ways it is superior to the 7 but it is all in opinon.

Reactions: WAP

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I loved the green on that test car

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...-vs-subaru-wrx-sti-vw-golf-r-comparison-test/

It was the "Fun To Drive" category that gave the nod to the RS.
I test drove both and would not agree
My only beef with VW in terms of style has always been the interior - it's too staid! It's comfortable and quite functional, but I'm a loud person that likes a ~touch of flair :LOL: That said, when you have money, you know it and you don't need to show off (and whew those Civic R's are a... look...). People who feel the need to show off their cash so ostentatiously are ridiculous to me... small pp energy and always will get left in my dust.
More like show off their debt 🙂*

*©Jim Lloyd Industries

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R