GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. hotbascosauce

QuickJack - In Action

I have the 5000lbs model. I just used the rubber pucks that it came with.
  2. hotbascosauce

Used GTI prices are nearly as high as those for new MK7.5s

Nice! I had a metal bumper white vert with beige interior 4 years ago. I sold it to help with the downpayment of my first house.
  3. hotbascosauce

I used to drive my GTI on sales calls. Earlier this year I shut down my office permanently. Now all my meetings are over video. I’m closing on a new house in 2 weeks and getting rid of my GTI tipped our debt to income ratio so that I didn’t have to have a lease agreement to rent out our first...
  4. hotbascosauce

Just letting to guys know the deal I got. I bought my 2019 GTI SE DSG for $30,380 in NOV-2019 with 50 miles on it. I sold it 2 weeks ago to the same dealer I bought it from for $27,500 with just over 16,000 miles. I took it back to stock except I left my DG lowering springs on it and I had snow...
  5. hotbascosauce

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Back to stock she goes. My local PNW GTI group already has dibs on most of the parts, but I’ll post the rest here on the forums.
  6. hotbascosauce

Offered 32K for 2019 Alltrack SE, considering options

Thanks for everyone’s input in here. I decided to sell my GTI back to the dealer I originally bought it from tomorrow. It is the 3rd GTI, I’ve owned and I lusted after the MK7 when it debuted in 2015, but couldn’t afford one at the time. February of 2020 my wife and I spent $50k on a 200 person...
  7. hotbascosauce

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

I removed my JB4 w/ bluetooth from my GTI but forgot to unpair it from my phone. From my understanding I just need to install plug D again, connect my phone to the JB4 and logout? Is there something I am missing?
  8. hotbascosauce

Offered 32K for 2019 Alltrack SE, considering options

I'm in the same boat. The GTI is the first brand new car I've ever bought. First car I've ever owned that was new enough to even have a warranty. The dealer offered me $27500 to buy it back. My wife and I are currently looking to buy a bigger home, and I am still paying off some of the credit...
  9. hotbascosauce

MK7 Confessions

Confession. I bought my GTI brand new, and I often wish I had bought a manual. Another confession. The dealer I bought my car from offered to buy it back for $3000 less than I bought it for at the end of 2018, and I think I am going to take them up on that offer.
  10. hotbascosauce

General G-Max RS

I ran them for a year. Huge improvement over the factory tires the car came with. I was cross shopping between the GMAX RS and the Firehawk Indy 500. I chose the GMAX RS due to their traction reviews in the rain. (I'm in Seattle.) Right now I have been running Michelin PSS which came with a set...
  11. hotbascosauce

Wireless Apple Carplay Retrofit for your MK7 Golf (with MIB1 & 2)!!

I have something similar in my wife's 2017 Lexus NX200t w/ oem navigation. Its called GROM VL2. Basically its another android powered brain that goes between the oem brain and screen. The oem infotainment system thinks its an AUX setup. It also has wireless carplay, though its finicky to get...
  12. hotbascosauce

Temporary Seat Cover Suggestions

I use something like this when my dog is in the back. The one I have also hooks to the front headrests but you could have that part just drape onto the floor...
  13. hotbascosauce

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Not specifically for the GTI, but I picked up a Quickjack lift from my local GTI/Golf R Facebook group. This guy had the most epic Golf Simulator in his garage.
  14. hotbascosauce

Flushing Out Rears - 19x8.5 ET45

ShopDAP has a 11mm spacer that fits over the rear even though it says on the spacer that it doesn’t. Below is my fitment with 19x8 +45 Michelin PSS 235/35r19. Car is lowered about an inch.
  15. hotbascosauce

Rennwagen Rear Diffuser (MK7 GTI)

Hi. The MK7.5 gang is patiently waiting.
  16. hotbascosauce

Post your VW Driver Gear spring setup.

I feel like my DG springs are way lower than everyone else’s. So I bought the springs used from someone who had leased their car. Gonna guess somewhere around 30k miles on them. I put them on my car at 3000 miles and I’m at 15,000 miles now. Maybe I’m imagining things but it feels more bouncy...
  17. hotbascosauce

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Scored an oem roof rack locally for a steal. Hoping to put my Thule box from my wife’s old CRV on it. We have done so many road trips and many more planned this year. It will be great to have the extra storage.
  18. hotbascosauce

Rabbit-19 Pandemic Build

Nice mod list. Mine is a 2019 as well so I have been tiptowing around the warranty. I have maybe 80% of similar mods as you, biggest one, I'm only running JB4