GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Halogen headlight adjustment screw

I want to adjust my halogen headlights slightly higher. Is the plastic cream colored screw on top the assembly the correct screw? If so, which way to turn for up? Clockwise or counter clockwise? Thanks.
  2. D

HAD to add a sunroof wind deflector.

I walk my dogs every morning and for the SECOND time, the crows have pecked away the soft rubber gasket surrounding my sunroof! The first time, my dealer covered it...$1400!!!! The back strip was cheap, but the front one required windshield removal. Luckily, they only got the back one this time...
  3. D

A Labor Day tire sale! I just bought a set.

I was in need of a new set of tires soon for our X3 and have been checking. Well, I found a great deal at Discount Tire Direct. With their Labor Day sale, I saved an additional $170 off the set. $70 from Bridgestone and $100 off from DTD. Anyone need info tires should look into this deal. These...
  4. D

Hitch ground clearance.

I'm considering a class 1 receiver hitch. Installation appears pretty easy but I have a concern about rear ground clearance. Has anyone experienced the receiver scraping the ground either backing up or driving up slight driveways? I'm not worried about scraping during towing because it probably...
  5. D

FS: OEM Mk7 Golf/GTI 4 Door Roof Rack

FS: OEM Mk7 Golf/GTI 4 Door Roof Rack- SOLD... This is VW OEM rack for a 4 door Mk7 Golf/GTI. It's in excellent condition. Used twice and never left on the car, always stored indoors. Comes with T handle torque wrench, 2 keys and owners manual. Located in SF Bay Area. Shipping costs would be...
  6. D

FS: Mk 7 OEM Roof Rack

FS: Mk 7 OEM Roof Rack...sold This is VW OEM rack for a 4 door Mk7 Golf/GTI. It's in excellent condition. Used twice and never left on the car, always stored indoors. Comes with T handle torque wrench, 2 keys and owners manual. Located in SF Bay Area. Shipping costs would be the buyer's...
  7. D

How slippery are weather tec liners

I'm considering ordering some weather tec liners. I think they will work to protect my interior from too much dog hair accumulation (at least lessen it) and rain and sand. My concern is that due to them being harder material, they may be a lot more slippery than monster mats. Any thoughts?
  8. D

Wheel fitment question.

It's almost time to turn in our 2011 tdi. It came with 16" Bioline wheels. I actually have an identical full size spare. My question is will this rim clear the calipers on my 2016 Golf SE? The tire diameters are basically identical so toms shouldn't be a problem. If this rim will fit (without me...
  9. D

OEM Roof Rack Question.

I'm thinking of picking up a OEM roof rack. I probably won't use it much unless I need to carry a larger load and it won't stay on the car. My question is does anyone who has one, ever experience wind noise through the bars? Thanks for any input.
  10. D

Financed our Golf. How soon should I pay it off?

So, in order to get a better price, I had to finance the car. I was going to pay it up front but for the difference, it was worth it. My question is who has financed their car through the dealer and paid the loan off early? If so, how many actual payments do you have to make, or is there a...
  11. D

Clear bra paint protection.

I'm torn about whether or not to put it on my new black Golf. I have it on our SL 500 but not sure if it's worth it to do it as black will probably show chips more. A place in the Bay Area is priced at $895 for a front end and fender wrap. I think this is pretty expensive. Opinions please?
  12. D

'16 TSI Stage 1 Question.

So, if I go stage 1 on my 1.8 TSI, do I need to run premium or can I run it on regular? I know I should probably run premium, but does the remapping change the compression? Thanks.
  13. D

Just added to our stable!

We pulled the trigger last week on a new 2016 Golf SE. Not real special but suits our needs. We are going to use the buyback money from the TDI settlement to pay for it. After all is said and done, we will end up paying about $1500 out of pocket for fees. Loved the JSW TDI but getting a new car...