GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. F

Add on fuel filter mod?

My idea was to KISS and plug an OE Mk6 TSI filter or similar in that spot over #2.
  2. F

Add on fuel filter mod?

Crossposting from vortex: The Mk7 does not come with a replaceable fuel filter, only a 'lifetime' screen built into the in-tank fuel pump. This may be a cost cutting oversight but would seem to lead to a higher risk of clogged injectors. Any thoughts on adding one inline, possibly in the low...
  3. F

1.8L TSI IE Tuned Auto

I did this song and dance last year and fixed it with an injector cleaning as well, but with a full removal, reseal and replace. I wished I hadn't wasted time swapping out good coils and that the injectors were easier to access. Dirty injectors should be listed as the first likely culprit for...
  4. F

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Has it been confirmed that the long, foil shielded, forward tunnel cover is safe so close to the secondary catalyst in US cars?
  5. F

DIY MIB1 to MIB2 Infotainment Conversion (Part 1)

Greetings. I obtained the screen (sourced from a 2018 golf) and glovebox unit off ebay for my 2015 golf and hit a hitch on the screen install. The original 4 pin socket and harness plug for the screen are both white. The new screen has a blue socket, and the white plug on the car's harness...
  6. F

Do you think I have a coolant leak?

Thanks. Ordered one of those billet pieces as well. Light coolant staining around the original and lose maybe 1/2" of coolant from the tank every 6-12 months.
  7. F

How to retro-fit skid trays, aerodynamic under trays, & stone guards to a MK7 Golf

Adding my long term input, having some years ago added the insulated/diesel/unvented front panel, the 'short' front tunnel panel (I wanted the long foil lined one, but this is what showed up from ECS(?)), exhaust tray cover, the rear axle cover, and the rear windshield spoilers. Improvements in...
  8. F

DIY removal of intake, carbon cleaning, injectors, water pump, oil cooler, accessory bracket

I want to thank the OP. I also followed Charles' video for an injector swap on my 2015 and got stuck on that fuel line. I finally was able to loosen it with an 18mm crow's foot. On the reinstall I replaced the studs with bolts (hex head M6-1.0 x 45mm) and it went in much easier. The access...
  9. F

MPG down, #3 miss

I can deal with the down time, so will probably go the ship/clean/test route. Estimates run ~$40/injector for DI (25 per for port). One thing I noticed: the #3 missfire count spiked noticeably in real time running part throttle in neutral, standing still, with a few popping up on #2 as well...
  10. F

MPG down, #3 miss

Good lord. A full set with installation kit is 1100 bucks at ECS. Putting them under the intake manifold does not make for easy replacement, either.
  11. F

MPG down, #3 miss

Is SOP to replace just one, all four with new or get them cleaned/balanced?
  12. F

MPG down, #3 miss

This is a partial repost from Vortex, in the hunt for advice. From the beginning: MPG, both city and highway, were down by about 20% compared to peak post break-in with slightly rough idle. WOT, cruise, both fine throughout the rev range. Car is stock, lightly driven, lots of short trips...